cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between "hard" phone and mobile

comps
Dabbler

Switching between "hard" phone and mobile

I have been using a Siemens Gigaset 475IP with no problems for some time.  I would like to be able to pick up calls on my mobile when away from home so I installed Fring on my Nokia E71 and sure enough, this picked up the SIP connection, causing the Siemens to deregister.  However, on getting back to my desk I can't switch back to the Siemens.  Is there a short cut to force this switching?  Better still, is there a way of having both phones detecting incoming calls (remaining registered?)
Thanks
Edward
4 REPLIES
comps
Dabbler

Re: Switching between "hard" phone and mobile

Solved this one myself.  There must have been something amiss with passwords after setting up Fring.  Re-entered the password into the Siemens and now both phones ring and either can call out without any switching.  If I don't want the mobile to ring, all I have to do is exit the Fring app - which has the added advantage of reducing battery drain as the WiFi on the phone can be switched off.
The one thing that continues to elude me is getting the VoIP to work on the Nokia's in-built SIP stack (without Fring).  There are some good guides in this forum but still nothing.  The only problem with Fring is the latency on 3G which seems to be tiresome but is probably only a second or less and much better than missing that vital incoming call in the first place.
Edward
taras
Grafter

I've got it working on both my older e75 and newer e7 Tongue .. I hated fring for voip. The inbuilt sip is quite nice on nokia as once its set up its totally integrated.
I can send you the sip file u want it (minus the username and pw ).
comps
Dabbler

taras, thank you for the offer.  I would be obliged if you could PM me a file.
Edward
taras
Grafter

sorry for the delay. I did check the day after replying to you but you replied after that
you will need to save the file on to the phone and go into net settings and import the file that way..
you will need to go anywhere it says sip:insertnumber that would be your 6* number
Same in proxy and registrar settings Tongue .