cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggested Hardware

sgrobertson

Suggested Hardware

I have been trying to find out if there is a list of suggested hardware(Phones that don't require a PC, adaptors to use existing phones, and PC connected hardware) anywhere. 
Ideally some sort of list saying that this hardware has been tested with the particular setup that plus.net uses and therefore stands a good chance of working.
Does such a thing exist anywhere and if not is there any plan of this happening?  Also are plus.net ever thinking to sell or include hardware?
Thanks
Stephen
2 REPLIES
johpal
Grafter

Re: Suggested Hardware

I joined Plusnet a few weeks ago and had simiar thoughts. I bought a Linksys PAP2T (UK) VoIP ATA device, put in the parameters given, and off we went. I have a Philips DECT phone connected and use it as any ordinary phone. Gradwell.com will sell you one at a not unreasonable price. Roll eyes
puddy
Grafter

Re: Suggested Hardware

If you want to spend about £70 a siemens 460ip dect cordless phone.  You can use it to make landline calls and voip calls, extra handsets cost £35. 
For cheaper way for £15 is a linksys pap2-na adapter it plugs in to your router like the siemens their easy to setup and you can use any normal BT phones in to the adaptor.
For £40 a Grandstream GXP2000 is an excellent quality voip phone and you can setup more than 1 voip account. 
If you have a nokia e65,n95, n95 8gb can be used to make voip calls too
or get yourself a voip router I use a speedtouch 716wl v5 wireless voip router
Theirs loads of choice out their from £15 upwards and members on this forum will help you out with setting up your equipment
Puddy