cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtouch 716 - ringing setup?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Speedtouch 716 - ringing setup?

Is it possible to get the phone connected to the voip line to ring when the ll rings (and answer it Smiley)
Had a good look through the web page and trawled through the telnet menu but couldn't spot anything.  Cry
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Speedtouch 716 - ringing setup?

Ok looks like I have to have the phone line plugged in as well as the adsl line, now it rings but I have no caller id, anybody know how to fix that?
Community Veteran

Does this mean that in order to get the phone to ring, you need to connect both the phone to the voip socket (green in the attached screenshot) as well as the telephone wire to the PSTN socket?
The manual suggests that you only have to plug the telephone in to one of the green sockets unless you want to be able to make PSTN calls.
Bob
Community Veteran

I haven't tried making pstn calls, but in-order to get it to ring for pstn calls it needs to be plugged in, that was what fooled me to start with, as my HH only needed the adsl cable connected and there was an option to ring on both pstn and voip calls.
I *think* in order to make pstn calls you have to prefix it with a number like *90* but not tried it, I was more interested in being able to answer incoming calls.
Community Veteran

So if you only want to use the 'phone for voip calls you only need to plug it in to one of the green sockets (and it will ring if you get an incoming voip call)?
Bob
Community Veteran

Yep, seems that way, I haven't tried incoming voip calls yet though it should ring.
Community Veteran

Quote from: biker955
I *think* in order to make pstn calls you have to prefix it with a number like *90* but not tried it, I was more interested in being able to answer incoming calls.

Quote from the user guide
To make a phone call over the regular telephone
line:
1 Dial *01*.
2 Wait for the dial tone, and then dial the phone
number of person A.

Bob
Community Veteran

Ok just tried using my normal phone and my voip number and it DID display the caller id, strange as it hasn't before...
BTW Which user manual do you have (a link please)
Community Veteran

Community Veteran

Cheers Bob
Ken
Community Veteran

Hi Ken, I just thought I'd let you know that I can't get my phone to ring on voip or PSTN calls - I've posted the details in my other thread.
Also I've tried *01* and that doesn't work either.
Bob
Community Veteran

Yep mine doesn't like the *01* either, or a 9 before the number (another suggestion I found on google)
I am not too bothered by this as long as I can answer incoming calls on the ll.
Community Veteran

So please can you confirm your setup so I can compare it to mine. Also can you confirm that the phone rings for both incomming voip and landline calls.
Thanks - Bob
Community Veteran

I have under standard setup:-

Telphone Identity
Telephony Identity

SIP URI: my sip number
Username: my sip number
Password: my password
Confirm Password: a/a
Displayname: plusnet
Abbreviated number:
Port: all
Under Advanced:-
Service Configuration

Registrar: sip.plus.net
Registrar Port: 5060
Proxy: nat.plus.net
Proxy Port: 5082
Expire Time: 3600
I haven't had an incoming "straight" voip call, so can't comment on that, but if I ring my voip number from my ll it rings with the caller display fine, and if some one calls my ll it rings but I usually get unavailable as the cid (Strange)
I am plugged in to the port 1 using the adapter I got when I bought a Homehub (I thought I could use it on plus net but I can't the voip anyway the modem works fine), with the adsl & pstn plugged in to my filtered faceplate.
If you want to try off line I will pm you my voip number and we can try the voip ringing etc (but not this morning as I have to bleed my car's brakes Tongue)
Community Veteran

Thanks Ken
From memory it looks like a couple of your settings might be different to mine (the Proxy Server and Proxy Port). I'll check when I get home tonight.
Bob