cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softphone does not ring

Petard
Rising Star

Softphone does not ring

The question is, is it me or is it the system?
I run 3CX phone 5.0.14439.0 under Windows 7 (last patched on 1st October). The phone has been working fine till now, and I've changed no settings, firewalls are the same as they always were, etc..
I use it only for PSTN calls. It still dials out OK (40 minute call yesterday), but will not ring for inbound calls. The softphone itself reports 'On hook' and registers and unregisters visibly and correctly in the Control Panel.
If call diversion is on, the call diverts right away, without ringing the softphone (both with 'Sequential' diversion and 'Sequential and repeat'). If diversion is off, the caller hears a series of beeps (meaning 'unavailable', I suppose) and is then cut off (my voicemail is disabled).
Thanks in advance for any help!
4 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Softphone does not ring

I've had a look at the moment and can see that voicemail and redirect are currently disabled. At the same time, you extension is offline (though so is the correction right now).
As a result, I have been unable to test this any further.
I would suggest raising a ticket advising of the details. I would also recommend allowing us permission to change the extension password (we are unable to set a specific value and we cannot see the current one, we also recommend against advising of the current one in the ticket) so that we can login and test this ourselves.
We will forward a new password once this testing is complete.
Petard
Rising Star

Thanks! I've started ticket number 61338782.
Petard
Rising Star

Thanks for the investigations you've done.
As you suggested, I've tried SJPhone - but cannot persuade it to register. Its help file, however, suggests that failure to ring for inbound calls may be a NAT (router?) problem....
But! Today 3CX phone is working correctly, both inbound and outbound. Mystery! It's true I've tried changing various settings, but as far as my memory and notes are aware, everything's back as it was.
If it happens again and I find out the cause, I'll post here in case anyone else ever has the same problem.
At least I seem to have an answer to my original question, viz. it's me!  Smiley
Petard
Rising Star

Well I said I'd post what I found – and, of course, since it's taken a while to find, it's something trivial and silly!  Roll eyes
I'd omitted the port number on the 'Outbound proxy server' field in 3CX Phone. It is now 'nat.plus.net:5082' – and everything's working fine.