cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softphone Telmex help please.

userXXI

Softphone Telmex help please.

Hi, I've got a softphone software called Telmex. It's from a Mexican company. I used it all the time to stay in touch with my family and I haven't had any problems until.....drumroll....I joined plusnet! Now I wonder why the software works on any other wireless I connect to. If I go to a starbucks, no problem; if I connect from work, no problem, but If I connect from home, which is where my plusnet connection is, the message is always the same: "the person you're calling is not available, please try again" ((la persona que llama, no esta disponible, por favor intente de nuevo)) in spanish, because it's a spanish piece of software.
Is anyone here who's got the same softphone and can advice please?
Are there any special setting for the modem in order to run this software?
I've got a laptop on Windows 7, and got a Thomson TG585v7 router supplied by plusnet.
Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Softphone Telmex help please.

What settings have you got on your Plusnet firewall ( see here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall ).
Try Low or Off.
userXXI

My firewall settings are off. Nothing has changed. Problem still there.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Soory but I don't have any experience of this softphone and there's really not much information available out there, so we're clutching at straws here! Sad
On possibility ( and its really just a theory ) is if your phone is possibly using a PPTP VPN connection to somewhere. The TG585v7 f/w had VPN support removed and if this is the case then you might need to update the f/w. This really is just a guess though, but its soemthing that could be unique to the PlusNet connection.
All the firmwares and the instructions to upgrade are here http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/how-to-upgradedowngrade-the-firmware-on-the-thomson-585v7...