cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skype Wi- Fi Phone

Henk

Skype Wi- Fi Phone

Can anybody answer my question will a Skype enabled Wi - Fi phone work on plusnet broadband I have a wireless router, how easy is it to connect?
Henk 
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Skype Wi- Fi Phone

Should work fine. You should be able to browse for wireless networks from your phone, select yours, enter the password and away you go. If you get into difficulty then give us some more details on the phone and router make/model and we'll try and help.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Henk
Can anybody answer my question will a Skype enabled Wi - Fi phone work on plusnet broadband I have a wireless router, how easy is it to connect?
Henk   

Hi Henk
Welcome to the plusnet voip forum
If you just want to use your router to connect to plusnet it should work as a router but plusnet voip service is not skype compatible
As Mister W said if you need anymore help and advice just post back here and we help point you in the right direction
Kind regards
Puddy
Henk

Thanks for your reply my Wi-Fi phone is a Belkin, I'm trying to to connect it to my Thomson wireless router TG 587 v7 but I'm having some difficulty.
How do I configure/setup the Belkin phone  to work with wireless router.  There is a cross the signal strength indicator, it also says PlusnetWireless with a padlock symbol.
Help much appreciated,
Henk
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Just select the PlusNetWireless network from the list and then select 'Connect' from the options menu ( as in the Quick Start Guide for the Phone ).
You will be prompted for the security key, the default one is located on a sticker on the base of the router.
Henk

Hi I tried that, the phone says warning Wi FI connection cannot connect to internet. The phone still has a red cross though the signal strength indicator. Is there anything else I could try?

Henk   
Community Veteran

Did you enter the password for your network security?
If you did, I would try (temporarilly) turning off your wireless security and seeing if the phone works then.
If it does, then you know its a security mis match of some sort, make sure both the phone and the router are using the same protocol and password.
If it doesn't then it would seem you either have a faulty device (the phone or the wireless router) or need to upgrade the firmware (again either device).
puddy
Grafter

Henk
Make sure your router set to allow wireless connections (if it’s like the speedtouch 716wl you can choose to allow no more wireless connections)  Check if both router and phone match security i.e. wep wpa wpa2 etc.
When trying to logon with your belkin phone make sure the routers scanning for wireless devices just after you put your router password in the phone!
puddy