cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skype SIP not connecting

jmd87

Skype SIP not connecting

Hi,
I have recently moved from BT to Plusnet and have been running a basic Trixbox system via a couple of Skype Sip Accounts. This worked fine on BT for the past 4 years but now have moved to plusnet and it doesn't appear to work at all. I have tried all the usual things of disabling router firewalls etc and even switched back to my old BT router using the plusnet username etc.
No matter what I do it always shows in both Trixbox and Skype manager that the Sip Peers/Trunks are offline/not connected.
Can anyone advise please?
Kind Regards
Joe
5 REPLIES
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Skype SIP not connecting

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I've used Asterisk on my PN connection for some time and have no issues.
Have you updated your external IP address in Trixbox? Also, have you turned the Plusnet firewall off?
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall
You need to disconnect and reconnect if you make a change to this firewall by the way.
jmd87

Hi,
Thankyou for the superfast reply Smiley
How would I go about doing this as I set it up about 4 years ago and haven't touched it since then?
Kind Regards
Joe
jmd87

Hi again,
I have found the network tab and changed the DNS and its wall working great Cheesy can't believe i missed something so obvious!
Thankyou so much for your help!
Kind Regards
Joe
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It's a long time since I've used Trixbox but these instructions may be helpful?
http://blog.infusiontechsolutions.com/how-to-get-trixbox-working-behind-a-nat-firewall/
I have been using an Atcom IP01 on my PN connection and didn't need any port forwards.  
jmd87

Hi again,
I have found the network tab and changed the DNS and its wall working great Cheesy can't believe i missed something so obvious!
Thankyou so much for your help!
Kind Regards
Joe