Did you mean: 

Sipgate account plusnet blocking it

kevhky
Dabbler

Sipgate account plusnet blocking it

Hi my sipgate account does not work anymore
Is plusnet blocking voip calls
I an on plusnet fibre
My friend can call me voip to voip and sll works well he is on bt fibre but im unable to call him voip to voip
This used to work prrfectly which makes me think plusnet is blocking it
Please let me know if this is the case
Regards
Kevin
13 REPLIES
between1and16ch
Grafter

Re: Sipgate account plusnet blocking it

Hi,
I use Gradwell for work and Sipgate, Plusnet (Gradwell), and, Betamax for home phone use.
Plusnet do not block SIP (or any other) protocols - in fact they prioritise VOIP traffic.
I know that getting the settings right for SIP can be frustrating - what router and phone are you using, and what symptoms are you getting?
kevhky
Dabbler

Hi
Ive got a billion 7800n router and a siemens dp450
The settings are correct in the phone as they are exactly the sane as my friends apart from the obvious (user and password)
The phone connects fine to sipgate no problems there
When i phone friend he cant here me and i cant here him
If he rings me it all works perfect
If i ring him via 3g on the sipgate app it works perfect but if i ring him over wifi i get the ssme problem neither csn hear each other
This proved its doen to plusnet as it works ok over 3g
Regards
between1and16ch
Grafter

Yeah these types of issues can be tricky to diagnose - STUN server and NAT settings need to be double checked.
You mention a Sipgate App, which if it's using the same network as the Siemens might be worth checking in case there's some sort of conflict of ports going on. Can you turn off your smartphone and then force the Siemens to reregister (e.g. turn it off and back on), and see if it works while the smartphone is off?
kevhky
Dabbler

hi thanks for help here but still no joy
i enabled dmz to voip phone and still does not work
i de registered sip app on smart phone then re registeredd sip phone which connec t ok
Tried to make voip call and same again we cant hear each other
so then he calls me voip and it works perfect
this is baffling me as its definately plusnet as if i reinstall app i can call over 3g but over wifi (pllusnet) it doesnt
PLUSNET  can you please look into this for me
between1and16ch
Grafter

Try the following setting on your Siemens (these are the ones I am using on my C475IP with Sipgate
HTTP proxy
              Enable proxy: No

Domain: sipgate.co.uk
Proxy server address: sipgate.co.uk
Proxy server port: 5060
Registrar server: sipgate.co.uk
Registrar server port: 5060
Registration refresh time: sec 600

STUN enabled: No
STUN server:
STUN port:
STUN refresh time: sec
NAT refresh time: sec 20
Outbound proxy mode:Always
Outbound proxy: sipgate.co.uk
Outbound proxy port: 5060
SIP port: 5060
RTP port: 5004  -    5020

I'd also recommend turning the smartphone off completely, as many have built in SIP software (My Android phone does) - just to completely rule out the possibility of a conflict there.
kevhky
Dabbler

Hi thanks for posting those settings ive checked with mine and they are exactly the sane
This is whatvmakes me think its plusnet as when i try to voip on  my smart phone across wifi it fails also but soon as i turn wifi off it works first time over 3g
So both devices wont work one is wired and ither is smart phone
Totally baffled
between1and16ch
Grafter

Try changing all of the 5060s above to 5062 in your settings.
If you can borrow a different router from someone else and try that with no firewall (or use a DMZ IP address if the router offers that option) and see if that makes a difference.
kevhky
Dabbler

I did try DMZ and that didnt solve it
When i get home tonight ill try changing the ports as you say
Regards
Kev
TooManyPies
Grafter

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I'm having the same problem trying to access Sipgate via Plusnet. Did you manage to resolve the issue Kev? I also think the problem is with Plusnet as the handset works fine when connected to a router via O2 Broadband.

Update:  I think I may have found the solution from this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,88185.0.html I'll give it a try when I get back.
kevhky
Dabbler

Hi no I never got this sorted basically I gave
It is definitely a Plusnet issue as works fine with other broadband providers
If you manage let me know but I tried all sorts
Regards
Kev
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet do not block VOIP providers.  I use Sipgate as my primary connection and two other providers for various routes.
Suggest you follow the advice in the link above (if you're using the Plusnet router) or try a different router to see if that cures your problems.
between1and16ch
Grafter

Similarly, I use Sipgate, Gradwell and Plusnet, and Voipcheap, and they work fine together on my Plusnet Broadband service.
I use a Gigaset C475IP and a Cisco SPA 112, and sometimes I have used an Android phone, and they all work together
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Just to add to the argument that there is no problem using VoIP with a PlusNet connection;
I've got 2 DrayTek VoIP routers (2920Vn and 2820Vn) connected via ethernet (daisy-chained) to a third Draytek ADSL VoIP router which is configured in bridge (modem) mode.  I've also recently obtained a Gigaset N300IP DECT unit which is connected via ethernet to my main router (the 2920Vn), and I've also got an Android tablet with some VoIP/SIP clients installed which connects via Wi-Fi to various APs (routers and a ZyXel Powerline Wi-Fi adapter).
I have quite a few SIP accounts configured including PlusNet (Gradwell), several Sipgate, several Betamax, and UKDDI, and I don't usually experience any problems.  Any very rare problems I do get are usually short-lived and down to the various providers.