Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens S685IP odd behaviour

badwolf
Grafter

Siemens S685IP odd behaviour

Hi guys,
Recently got myself the above following recommendations on here. I've got it hooked uptomy plusnet broadband phone account fine and can make/receive VoIP calls (kind of). I have set up a dialling plan so I don't need to dial my area code for local calls. It upgraded to the latest firmware as soon as I plugged it in Shocked
However, when I dial some types of number, the base unit just hangs and reboots itself Huh The only thing I've noticed is it seems to be doing it when I dial ISDN numbers (eg my corporate switchboard). I have rang a few others and it does it also, so dont think it is my works switchboard causing the probs. Otherwise it seems to work fine on normal landlines.
I've done the whole hard reset thing which didnt work, and would like to avoid doing that again if possible as it took me best part of a day last time getting it going Tongue
Anyone ever had anything like this or have a possible fix? Unit is flawless otherwise!
Cheers guys
3 REPLIES
badwolf
Grafter

Re: Siemens S585IP odd behaviour

Think I've sorted it (sorry, didnt realise there was a dedicated gigaset thread - mods feel free to move).
i took G722 out of the list of selected codecs and calls now work fine to these numbers.
Good times Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

You might also want to disable the Info Services if you're using the latest f/w as albany indicates on the gigaset support thread
It would seem the stability issue can be resolved by turning the Gigaset Info Services off.
badwolf
Grafter

Thanks for the heads up re. info services. I've still got them enabled and it has behaved all day, will see how it goes