Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens S450 or Tesco DP450

beetman
Dabbler

Siemens S450 or Tesco DP450

Hi,
First time user!!!
Trying to set up a Siemens S450 cordless Internet phone got onto the web interface but need lots of configuration numbers/codes unless someone has a Auto Configuration Code which might help!
Please help or point me in the right direction!
Chris
8 REPLIES
mdean
Grafter

Re: Siemens S450 or Tesco DP450

beetman
Dabbler

Hi
Thanks for that! bit like war and peace! but I have now got 4 pages of figures to work through TOMORROW!
All sounds much more complicated that i dimly thought.
What is a good NEW phone to work on plusnet broadband? think I have dropped a clanger with this one! though it is "NEW"
Chris
Community Veteran

Hi beetman.
Have a look at the start of this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75681.0.html. These settings should work with your phone as well as the C475IP.
Post back if you have any problems, there are lots of helpful people on this forum  Smiley
Bob
beetman
Dabbler

Thanks for that Bob
You mean it WILL work?
But not yet!!
I have the proxy server address as 79.135.125.160 is this correct?
Also is the sip password the one I use to log into the broadband phone section of plusnet?
And me been thick what does sip stand for? not that that will help it work!!
I am giving it 10 minutes between tries but still  "provider registration failed"
Chris
Community Veteran

The proxy server should be “sip.plus.net” (without the quotes). The sip password isn’t necessarily the same as the password you use to log in to your Broadband Phone account. If you’re not sure what your SIP password is then you can change it by logging in to the Broadband Phone portal and clicking on Account Overview followed by your extension.
I’ve attached a couple of screen shots showing the configuration of my A580IP so hopefully these will help. Note that I’ve changed my number and username in “Screen 1”.
Bob
beetman
Dabbler

Thank you so much Bob finally got it working nearly gave up in desperation!!!!
Was using the phone number as sip number instead of the extension number and entered a new password as you suggested into the plusnet details then after a message "server not accessible" and I left it for ten minutes I now have a line!! Super thanks.
I do think Plusnet should have a detail info page on setting these phones up unless they think we are all going to walk round with head pieces on!!!
Without the forum this would not have happened, thank you all.
Chris
Community Veteran

That’s great news, I’m glad you got it working. It’s worth persevering as it’s a good service.
PlusNet may well disagree but I don’t think that their knowledge of voip is up to the same standard as the rest of their services. The best place to come is usually here - there are a lot of helpful people about.
Bob
beetman
Dabbler

Hi Bob,
Yes I can see why you say it is a good service, much better than Skype in fact equally as good as the landline though I do expect possible variations in quality having said that I can see why Plusnet are a bit coy as it would harm their income from landlines.
I just got fed up of the divert costs to my mobile (especially when they removed the 25% discount) when line busy so by diverting to voip I should save and having Plusnet landline & Internet service I have it all under one roof.
Many thanks again in fact saved my bacon with the wife!!!
Chris