cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens DECT Phone

grovep
Dabbler

Siemens DECT Phone

I've read many recommendations on this forum about the Siemens Dect phone but am not sure what model I should be considering (and where best to purchase it). 
Main needs are two line, (analogue & VOIP) programable to select VOIP for normal use but default to analogue if VOIP not up and running.  Straight forward to operate, to select betwen analogue & VOIP and reliable.  Possibly including an answerphone.  What model would people recommend and is there anything I should look out for?
Thanks

4 REPLIES
johpal
Grafter

Re: Siemens DECT Phone

I use a 4-handset Siemens Gigaset C475 IP DECT VOIP system. It has a 20 minute digital answerphone incorporated. The system box connects to an ordinary telephone socket for conventional landline calls and to your router for voip; the handsets being cordless and the range easily covers my house, garden and garage. Numbers can be stored in memory with a suffix to dial voip or landline by default, otherwise press the handset "call" key briefly to make a landline call, or for 3 seconds to make a voip call. Local calls can have the area code prefix added automatically for voip calls (ie, enter 123 4567 for a local call, the system prefixes 01.. whatever and dials).
You can make up to 3 voip calls simultaneously, as well as 1 landline call. If you run out of hands to answer all the incoming calls on the handsets, the answering machine helpfully cuts in... I have teenagers in the house, so now I have call forwarding "if engaged" on my landline, so calls come in automatically on voip if its busy. The caller is none the wiser.
The system is very flexible, although takes a little time to set up. I'm grateful to "puddy" on this forum, for his advice posted elsewhere.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

I'll second the C475 IP for your requirements. You can also use dial plans to force numbers to be dialled via voip or landline.
If you do not need an answerphone then look at the A580 IP, its a little cheaper. Same functionality but no answerphone and monochrome display instead of colour.
I would recommed these people http://www.home-phones.co.uk/skype-and-voip-telephony/voip-sip-phones/siemens-gigaset-c475ip-voip-an... &
http://www.home-phones.co.uk/home-phones/siemens-dect-cordless-phones/siemens-gigaset-a580ip-phone/
I bought mine from them and they are very competitive. If you are nearby you can also collect from them and avoid any delivery charge.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Just noticed that tesco.com are now selling the A580IP at £49.97, out of stock at the moment though...
Don't know if the shops stock them.
puddy
Grafter

Dont go for the C460 model you can only use it for 1 voip account
They are a excellent phone even my partner can use it. Battery life is excellent, you dont need to program all your telephone number in the address book on every handset do it on 1 handset then ask it to send 1 or all numbers to all the other handsets.  You can remove the back cover to replace the rechargeable batteries it takes two aaa batteries
If you know anybody else who has a siemens dect ip phone you can make free calls to each other, you need to choose a nick name can you guess mine ?
kind regards
Puddy