Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens C475IP answerphone not working

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Siemens C475IP answerphone not working

Aside from intermittent registration problems I also have another difficulty in that the local answerphone on my Siemens C475IP doesn't seem to work. It has done in the past but doesn't now.
After the outgoing message has gone out, there is no beep or tone and nothing happens when you try to leave a message. I've been testing this by using the geographic number. I'm not talking about the Plusnet voicemail which I also have enabled in case of outages.
I don't have dial tone either and I thought that I did once upon a time but can't swear to it..
Annie
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Siemens C475IP answerphone not working

I don't have dial tone either and I thought that I did once upon a time but can't swear to it..

Annie,
You dont get a dial tone on Voip on the C475.
As regards the answerphone, you haven't somehow got it in 'Announce only' mode have you ?
Have a look at page 74 of the manual.
johpal
Grafter

MisterW's suggestion is certainly worth investigating, and no, you don't receive a dial tone on VoIP calls with this system.
In the recent past, I too began to have a few problems with my C457IP. The stock reply (the only reply) from Siemens, is to reset your system (I can PM you the steps, if you wish). This is not for the faint-hearted, as you can only (partially) backup your individual handset directories and have to reset all the other settings manually. That said, it worked!
Ultimately, my router died and I have now returned to my old Thomson 580. Since then, my ADSL connection (and VoIP) has been rock solid.
Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you for your replies. After unplugging and plugging back in my router several times yesterday the phone came back on and so did the answerphone facility. I also did a Windows update on my computer although I can't see why this would have helped. The phone has been behaving well today. I'll continue to monitor it.
Annie