Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens C475IP Registration failed

cmere
Dabbler

Siemens C475IP Registration failed

Hi
I've just had my C475IP set up for me (I gave up in the end after 3 months!) and it worked fine,,, for an hour!!
The handset shows "Provider registration failed".
I am using it with a Netgear DG834G v2 and have the SJPhone software.
Please can someone help?
Many thanks!
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Siemens C475IP Registration failed

Is SJPhone working? If it is it would suggest a problem with your C475IP, if not there is a possible problem with your account.
Can you post your settings here so that we can take a look at them (star out any username/password settings).
Bob
cmere
Dabbler

Thanks, Bob.
How do I post the settings?  I only know how to screen dump but they're too small to read!
Thanks.
Claire
Community Veteran

Check out this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,94015.msg789216.html#msg789216 and see if you can spot any differences between your settings and mine.
Is SJPhone working by the way?
Bob
cmere
Dabbler

Thanks Bob.
After turning everything off and switching back on today, it worked for an hour again and went back to "Provider Registration Failed".
I also found that while it works, it only receives in coming calls, and although it sounds as though it rings when I'm making an out going call, nothing happens to the landline or mobile I'm calling.
I've just turned it back on this evening and was checking through your settings and amended mine to match.  This went straight to "Provider Registration Failed" and is still there 30 minues in.
As for SJPhone - I'm afriad I have no idea if it works or not as I only have the C475IP and nothing to plug into the PC to check it with and to be honest, I'm all a bit confused by it and what it does anyway!  I registered with VoIPfone today and have now downloaded the Zoiper Softphone they recommended and had to register the account on there - something I've not done with the SJPhone so am guessing I've not set it up properly?!
Any further words of wisdom would be gratefully received!
Many thanks
Claire
Community Veteran

Quote from: cmere
As for SJPhone - I'm afriad I have no idea if it works or not as I only have the C475IP and nothing to plug into the PC to check it with and to be honest, I'm all a bit confused by it and what it does anyway! 

I think we need to establish if you’ve got an account problem or a problem with your C475IP. Forget SJPhone but download and set-up X-Lite instead. The instructions can be found here http://community.plus.net/library/settings/x-lite-4-for-windows/.
I’m assuming that the above means that you haven’t got a headset/microphone but you will still be able to check that X-Lite registers (and holds its registration) plus you’ll be able to dial-out and hear any incoming calls through your PC speakers.
As a matter of interest, did you get VoIPfone and Zoiper working?
Bob
cmere
Dabbler

Hi Bob
Have set up the X-Lite and it seems to work ok (can dial out and hear the person at other end).
I wasn't able to get the VoIPfone and Zoiper working, but I think this is probably down to lack of knowledge on my part and confusing over all the flipping settings!
What should I try now?
Thanks!
Claire
Community Veteran

Well that seems to indicate that your voip account is ok so the fault must be with the C475IP or its settings (I'm assuming that X-Lite held its registration for more than an hour)?
Unfortunately I'm starting to run out of ideas now. Have you tried doing a factory reset on the C475IP? On my A580IP, this can be done from the handset under Menu > Settings > Base > Base Reset.
If that doesn't work then I'm stumped, unless anyone else has any ideas?
Bob
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

What's the 'registration refresh time' set to on the C475IP ?
From the web configurator, login and go to Settings->Telephony->Connections, click Edit for the PlusNet connection and then click 'Show Advanced Settings'.
Community Veteran

Claire, did you manage to get this working?
cmere
Dabbler

Hi Bob & MisterW
Apologies for the delay - just got back from a lovely week in Spain!
It's still not working! 
MisterW - the refresh time is set to 180 seconds.
I don't suppose either of you can add a screen shot of all of all the Siemens settings (Audio, No. Assignment etc) so I can compare them to mine please?
Many thanks!
Claire
Community Veteran

@cmere,
That refresh time looks wrong, it should normally be 3600 seconds.
Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a set of screen dumps from my C475IP.
Community Veteran

Just to confuse matters, my refresh rate is also set to 180 seconds (see screenshot).
Have you tried a factory reset? I think it would be worth you starting from scratch.
Bob
Community Veteran

Bob,
I always thought the default register time was 1 hour.
I wonder if that is because I don't use the Outbound proxy ? maybe the proxy requests a faster registration time to keep the connection up through the NAT on the router.
cmere
Dabbler

Evening!
I've just tried a factory re-set with no joy  Angry
Could anyone tell me if I should complete anything on the IP Config page please?
At the moment it has:
IP address type: Obtained Automatically
Allow access from other networks: No
Enable Proxy: No
Proxy Server Address is blank
Proxy Server Port: 0
Use VLAN Tagging: No
VLAN id & Priority: 0
I've gone through the Telephony Connection settings over and over and can't spot anything different to the ones Bob's given me.
Is there anything that should be jumping out at me with the SJPhone settings?
Would you recommend moving to another softphone?
Thanks for your help!
Claire