cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens 460 straight to voicemail

farrin
Grafter

Siemens 460 straight to voicemail

Hoping somebody might be able to point me in the right direction here.
I have been dialling out happily on my 460IP until tonight when my proper landline phone died. i decided this was the chance to get the 460IP to look after both fixed-line and VoIP calls.
I can dial out on either line without a problem. I can receive fixed-line calls no problem.
More often than not, but then not every time either, if I dial my VoIP line from my mobile the system goes straight to voicemail without ringing first as if there's an active divert to voicemail.  I do know that if I use my N95 as the internet phone, it rings without trouble and works as it should.
I've been staring at the manual for the last hour trying to work out why it's doing this - can anyone help me please? What is weird is it doesn't seem to do this every time (just tried it now and the handset rang. Then tried again a minute later and it went straight to voicemail!!!!!)
Thanks
Simeon
2 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Siemens 460 straight to voicemail

We currently have an investigation open with our suppliers to address this exact problem. It seems that some minor changes to the platform made some time ago have caused the Siemens devices to act in a strange way meaning that sometimes they are unable to negotiate the Gradwell SIP platform. This is an ongoing investigation and i'm hoping to gather some more information on this problem today.
puddy
Grafter

Re: Siemens 460 straight to voicemail

I am having the same problem with my Siemens 460ip sometimes it wont ring on incoming calls.
I have re-booted the phone and tried to setup it again but its still not working most of the time
HELP
Kind regards
Puddy
ps
my nokia N95 ring as well as my Grandstream GXP2000