cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing

gordo
Grafter

Sharing

Just a simple question and hopefully a simple answer.
I have two computer networked via router/modem.  Can I use sj phone on both computers,I know not at the same time and are the same settings used on each sjphone options
28 REPLIES
puddy
Grafter

Re: Sharing

Yes you can make more than 1 voip call at the same time and receive more than 1 call at the same time
If you setup 2 computers with the same settings if one on a call the free computer will ring on an incoming call.
You can use the same settings on more than one device
You dont even need to be in the same building if you have internet connection or the same country along as you have the same settings
puddy
gordo
Grafter

cheers puddy ..thanks for speedy reply.
Don't know if something wrong with the service as I can't register info box on sjphone says service unavailable .
It seems to be a real PIA this voip, is it really worth the hassle. but I do want to be able to use
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: gordo
cheers puddy ..thanks for speedy reply.
Don't know if something wrong with the service as I can't register info box on sjphone says service unavailable .
It seems to be a real PIA this voip, is it really worth the hassle. but I do want to be able to use

I could not get the sj phone to work myself so got a voip hardware device in the end, its a lot easier and you dont need tokeep your computer on to make and receive calls. 
A speedtouch 716wl router cost from 99p +p&p (ebay) its adsl2+ 4 ports wireless and has 2 built in voip ports
or a pap2 adapter from £15
I know the sjphone has problems with vista
Regards
Puddy
gordo
Grafter

no matter how I try I can't get  sjphone to register on the other computer using identical settings.  Before I go down another route I want to make sure it is worth it
puddy
Grafter

I think you need to raise a ticket with plusnet that way they can test your account their end to make sure it works
puddy
gordo
Grafter

I took your advice puddy here is the reply I recieved.
Thanks for contacting our support team. You will not be able to connect the 2 clients concurrently. You will have to use the service on one computer at a time.
so my idea of using sjphone on two computers is a non starter Cry
Community Veteran

Quote from: gordo
Thanks for contacting our support team. You will not be able to connect the 2 clients concurrently. You will have to use the service on one computer at a time.

That reply is wrong.
I have SJphone set up on two machines and use both at the same time. If I am in a call on one and and I get another call it goes to the other machine and I can either answer it or let it go to voicemail.
I suggest you reply to that ticket with a link to this thread and ask to have it dealt with by someone who knows what they are talking about.
Edit: My comment above relates to sharing SJPhone voip on my two XP machines.
As a matter of interest I have just tried the same thing using SJPhone on an XP machine and Ekiga softphone on my Ubuntu machine and guess what,  you can share the voip on two machines with different phone software too.
gordo
Grafter

I certainly will,  I have it setup on two XP machines. via us robotics router/modem,  on  Computer 1 it works fine but on computer 2 it fails to register. Even with the one on Computer 1  not running
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

I agree with Santiago , CSC are wrong!!. You can have multiple devices registered on your account.
I have a Siemens C475 IP Phone permanently registered as my main voip and landline phone. I quite often use additional softphones at the same time ,Ekiga on Linux  or SJphone on XP from home. Additionally I occasionally use SjPhone and Ninja Lite from my XP system in the office or on my laptop on business ( if i can get a Wifi connection ).
No problems , its works as  Santiago says , I even use it when on business to call home ( i.e call my own voip account using sip:<sipid>@sip.plus.net ) and my wife answers on the C475.
Someone ( probably Rich ) needs to do a bit of education around CSC...
Community Veteran

That sounds like it is an issue with the settings, maybe something real simple. Stick with it because I know it will work for you just like it does for me.
On the second machine  would start again from the beginning and see what happens. If you can'tmake it work it might be a good idea to post your settings (mask your extension and password) on the forum.There are some really knowledgeable people on here who will be able to help you.
I know because they helped me. Oh look there is one of them now, MisterW beat me to it Smiley
gordo
Grafter

Ok  boys and girls  (so not to be sexist)  Grin
Settings.
Sjphone
Sip Proxy
Domain/Realm    sip2.plus.net
Use outbound      ticked
Proxy url    nat.plus.net:5082
usage  Smart
Stun
Server address  set to 0 in the last box
refresh left at 1200000
Conclusive  left at 0
retranmissions left at 13
have checked userid and password a 100 times so I know they are right.
Community Veteran

Ok,
Domain/Realm    should be sip.plus.net
Proxy should be natproxy.plus.net:5082
Your settings are the old settings and although they are both supposed to work ( for the time being ) I have my doubts , particularly the proxy one.
Try those settings above
Community Veteran

Ok , just looked at the SjPhone user guide ( from SjLabs website ) and I'm not convinced that the proxy usage setting of 'Smart' is correct.
I know thats what it says in the PlusNet guide, but I think its probably worth trying it as 'Strict Outbound proxy'.
Let me know how that goes...
gordo
Grafter

OK tried that on sjphone and no difference.  Com1 still connected and on Com2 still failing.
also thought I would try xlite on comp2  using the same including MisterW settings and that comes up as Registration error 407 Proxy Authencation
yet I am using everything sent to me in the email
id number and password