Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup

andun84
Grafter

Setup

Hi,
I get 240 mins each month free with my account however I've never really used it. I can log into the broadband phone control panel and I can see my PSTN number and extension however next to it it says status "not registered". Not sure if that is significant or not.
In any case I'm only at the stage of looking to download software for pc based calls and I'm also looking to use it via my htc desire z android phone.
In any case whilst looking at the setup guide for SJPhone I notice it asks for my user id and password and it says that I can find them from the broadband phone control panel. I can't find it there. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
I was going to use fring on the android phone. Is this a wise choice?
Thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Setup

however next to it it says status "not registered"

That just means you don't have an 'active' voip phone. Once you correctly configure say a softphone it will show registered whilst the phone is connected.
I notice it asks for my user id and password

Your userid is your 7 digit extension number as shown in the control panel. The password is your sip password ( not necessarily the same as the one used to login to the control panel ) which you should have received in an email. There's no where you can look to find it BUT you can reset it from the extension details using the control panel.
Hope that helps
andun84
Grafter

Thanks MisterW. I'll give that a go.
Community Veteran

Have a look at this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102096.0.html for softpone options, SJPhone isn't really recommended any more.
I've got Fring working on my son's iPhone but haven't tried it on Android. If you have a scan through this forum you'll find a number of Android voip app recommendations though.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Bob
andun84
Grafter

Thanks bobboulby I actually came across that thread afterwards so I'm using XLite 4 on the pc and CsipSimple on the Android. I rang my sip number from a mobile and it rang on both the pc and mobile so looks like I have things configured right. Now just have to work out when I might actually use it  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Now just have to work out when I might actually use it

I use my 120 mins/month to make calls in the daytime during the week, evenings & weekends I use the landline when my calls are inclusive.
I found that I had to get an IP Dual Phone ( works on landline and voip ) though to make it easy for my other half. The other use I make of it is to call home when away on business, with wifi access free in most hotels, I use an Android tablet with CSipSimple, call my own sip number and get a free call home.