cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Name Change and Privacy Issue

jwhite
Grafter

Server Name Change and Privacy Issue

Trying to diagnose a problem I've had with my VOIP service recently, I noticed that the server address for inbound calls to my line number had changed from xxx@newsip.gradwell.net to xxx@sip2.plus.net, possibly from Christmas Eve. 
My X-Lite softphone privacy setttings only allow inbound calls from my own lines, so the rules were no longer letting my calls through.  I use a PC TAPI link to dial my calls from a Contacts application - this dials my own line first, then the called party but the first call was failing to voice mail and the called party was only hearing the end of the voicemail announcement. 
It looks to me as if this could have affected all privacy rules, since any call from a PSTN line has the domain appended.  Anyone who uses privacy settings might want to check and change their rules as necessary.
I don't see any notification of the change on this forum and I received no e-mail about it.  Could I ask that, if any future service changes are implemented, they are communicated to users so they can quickly diagnose problems that occur around the same time?
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Server Name Change and Privacy Issue

Trying to diagnose a problem I've had with my VOIP service recently, I noticed that the server address for inbound calls to my line number had changed from xxx@newsip.gradwell.net to xxx@sip2.plus.net, possibly from Christmas Eve.

That's odd, they don't seem to have changed the realm, its still newsip. Last time they changed the realm it caused a lot of Nokia phones to stop registering, since they are picky about having the realm correct. Just tried my N95 and it still registers so the realm hasn't changed.