cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second number

warbleeder
Grafter

Second number

is it possible to have a second number on my line?
im pretty sure my parents had this back when i lived with them but when it rang it was a differant ringing tone?
28 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Re: Second number

Morning warbleeder,
The line you're talking about is a Multi-Line. This isn't something that Plusnet offers.
We can certainly arrange for an new line to be installed in your property however we can't supplier two numbers against a single line I'm afraid.
I hope this helps Smiley
Alex
warbleeder
Grafter

my dad was on PN when he had it  Undecided and for a second line price of that will be?
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

You could use VoIP, then you could have as many numbers as you wanted!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hey warbleeder.
I've spoken with several people in different departments and been assured that we haven't offered Multi-Line previously and that it's not something we are looking to offer moving forward I'm afraid. If you're an authorised user on your parent's account, feel free to PM me the username and I can have a lot into this for you. It sounds like this could have been VoIP?
To have a chat about the costs of a second line, I'd advise giving our sales team a call on 0800 432 0080. They're open Monday - Friday between 8am and 9pm and 9pm and Saturday - Sunday 9am - 9pm.
Is there anything else I can help with?
Community Veteran

Quote from: warbleeder
is it possible to have a second number on my line?
im pretty sure my parents had this back when i lived with them but when it rang it was a differant ringing tone?
BT still do it. It's known as "Call Sign" though they don't really promote it these days.
I don't think PN have ever offered it, though I really don't understand why.  Undecided
warbleeder
Grafter

alex
reason why i cam here is because i cant be bothered to sit on phone for a minimum of 30minutes before i get to speak to some one ... seems to be plusnets standards latly althought i thought things where to be improved with the leeds centre opening?
thing with VOIP is im not sitting on a computer allday waiting for calls and no1 wants to do it for me Sad
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi warbleeder.
Call queues at the moment are quite quiet and low across the board.
Sales has no wait, CS is averaging at about 1 minuet and Tech is clear at the moment.
I'm sorry that we can't offer you the multi-line feature. Is there anything else I could assist you with?
pwatson
Rising Star

VOIP doesn't mean using a computer.  There is an investment needed though if you want to use ordinary phones with it.
If you want to investigate further, look at something like the Gigaset of DECT handsets with the N300IP basestation.  This integrates POTS and VOIP telephony elegantly.
warbleeder
Grafter

i know about the VOIP phones as i used to work at a college but they are expensive the cheapest option would be a computer
might look into software i do have a VOIP number but forgot it so see if i can find it on MC
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

The gigaset ones aren't too expensive now,  probably cheaper than a new line.
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopSearch.asp?CategoryID=476
warbleeder
Grafter

theres millions on ebay cheap enough... will do for now
anyone know how i find my voip number as i cant seem to find it in member center
pwatson
Rising Star

Quote from: warbleeder
the cheapest option would be a computer

Your choice of course, but bottom line cost isn't the only factor - There's usability as well.
As mentioned above, VOIP is significantly cheaper than a new line+ rental and a dedicated VOIP phone is considerably easier to use and compares favourably with the cost of leaving a PC on 24/7.
An example phone (if you don't want DECT), picked at random:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitel-5215-Dual-Mode-VoIP-SIP-Phone-PoE-Works-with-Asterisk-Trixbox-Bargai...
Regarding a PN VOIP account, they no longer offer this so if you've left and come back you've lost it.
warbleeder
Grafter

ive never left PN so just need to find my number Smiley
can someone from PN help me pwetty pwease  Roll eyes
pwatson
Rising Star

Here perhaps?
Also, noting your other thread about bill payments, see clause 5 here
5. How do I top-up my call credit?
To top-up credit on your account, please call our Support Team.
You'll need to make the payment with a credit or debit card (we can't take one off payments via Direct Debit) and you can request top-ups of £5, £10, £15 or £20.
Please note: Your credit will be applied within 12 working hours