Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRP527W Setup

kennygair

SRP527W Setup

Hi all,
New to the forum so HI!  Cheesy
I am becoming a little hairless attempting to setup the Cisco SRP527W  to utilise the Plusnet sip. Has anyone tried/succeeded in doing this? If not, has anyone any experience of the 3CX server software? I did install it and managed to get a valid connection but stopped at that as I would prefer to have the Cisco router working and doing what it's supposed to.
Many thanks in advance.
Kenny
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: SRP527W Setup

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
I'll try and help if I can...
A bit of googling returned this
In order to configure voice port on SRP527w login as "admin"
Go to Voice then chose the line you want to configure, set line enable to "YES" then go to Proxy and Registration.
Insert proxy and outbound proxy (if needed)
Set use outbound proxy to "yes" (if needed)
Now on subcriber information, type display name, user ID and password assigned by your provider.
on the Cisco support forums https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2059051
The information you need for PlusNet sip is:-
Proxy - sip.plus.net
Outbound proxy - nat.plus.net:5082
Use Outbound proxy - set to 'Yes'
Display name - can usually be anything
User ID - your seven digit SIP id
Password  - your sip password
Note your Sip password is not necessarily the same as the one used to login to the voip portal ( voip.plus.net ).
Hope that helps for starters, Post back how it goes...
Edit:- I've just managed to find the configuration guide on the web. If you have problems it might be worth trying disabling the G726 code since PlusNet(Gradwell) don't support it. Make the
3 preferred codecs g711u,g711a and g729a and then select 'use preferred codecs only' ( page 171 )
kennygair

Re: SRP527W Setup

Brill, thanks. Too many options in the menu structure so head spinning a bit. I suspect it be the codecs causing problems. Will let you know.
Thanks again!