cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SJPhone setup...

EAnne

SJPhone setup...

I have been struggling with this for a day now - not helped by the fact that the install guide says to use sip2.plus.net as well as sip2.plus.net:5060 - and the email says sip.plus.net
I have tried all these combinations but I keep getting 'Service unavailable, Authentication failed'
Looked through the forum, and I have a 7 digit SIP ID that doesnt start with a 4. Password works fine getting into the voip site, so was wondering if it is anything like a previous poster where it needed someone to twiddle something before it would work.
Thanks for your time Smiley
3 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: SJPhone setup...

try again now and it should be fine - it seems there was a restriction on your account. i've seen a couple of these now - very odd, i'll get our suppliers - Gradwell to take a look at it so it doenst happen again.
I've also asked our web team to remove the reference to sip2 as it should be sip.plus.net.
cheers
Rich
EAnne

Thanks - it now logs in OK, but dialling any number (including the 160 echo test) gets it to connect briefly, and then it stops (with a single beep) and a dialog pops up saying:
SJPhone
Forbidden (From, auth mismatch)
Triple checked the settings again and can't see anything I may have missed Sad
RichSmol
Grafter

would be grateful if you could post your settings here and we can chip and make sure all those are correct before delving any further.
cheers
Rich