cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SJPhone Voicemail problem

Community Veteran

SJPhone Voicemail problem

I have installed SJ phone and been using it successfully for a while for calls in and out.
Today I went to check my voice mail and it is telling me "Your voicemail is not configured please contact your service provider"
I can see on the display there is a voice mail waiting  and I can go into my account and see the message but when I click on it I just get a blank screen in my browser with no sound
I have used the voicemail before and it worked ok. I just tested it by calling my number, I got my personalised greeting and left a message. I can see the message is waiting but can't access it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure this out please?
7 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: SJPhone Voicemail problem

Is this still an issue? I've noticed that you have successfully created a personalised sound bite and added it to your personalised voicemail and wondered if that had now solved your problems? i.e. you called your mailbox while the personalised message was being setup on your account hence why it works now?
Community Veteran

Hi Rich, thanks for you reply
Yes it is still an issue. The only way I can listen to voicemail is via the notification email and clicking on the link opening my media player. So I know the voicemail is working.
If I go into my account and click on listen to messages it just opens a black page in the browser with no sound.
The SJphone help says to click on the voicemail button which I can't even find!. The other option is to go into menu and right click voicemail. When I do that I get "Your voicemail is not configured please contact your service provider". Have I set it up wrong or what?
prichardson
Grafter

The voicemail option within sjphone requires that you configure it.
This can be done by right clicking and selecting options. Goto the Profiles tab, select your SIP profile and edit it.
You can then enter the voicemail number, which is either *1 or 185, your own choice.
Having looked at the issue with the portal, one of your voice messages appears to be working correctly via the portal and launched Quicktime in an embedded player for me. The second one (the older of the two) doesn't work. The filesize would suggest that the older message is corrupt.
Records show this will have been attached in the email dated "2008-07-22 16:44:17" (not the newer one timestamped "2008-07-22 16:48:47"). Can you confirm receipt of this and confirm the attached WAV file played?
Community Veteran

Hi Phil
Thanks for that, I edited the profile and I can access the voice mail with the phone now. Funny thing is when I originally set this up I am sure it was working ok. Any way it's ok now.
I can confirm I received said email and the wav file played ok in my media player as it did before.
It did not play via the portal for me, you said it opened with Quicktime.....well I recently dumped that along with it's pal Itunes!
prichardson
Grafter

Yer, I only have it for iTunes myself. I know there are alternatives, but I have to say I have never found any music software that allows such easy of editing and maintaining a catalogue.
When playing the message from the email, how long is it?
I suspect we need to raise this to Gradwell. I have a feeling it sent the message in the email correctly, but has not correctly committed it to central storage, allowing collection from the webpage.
I can't do that from here, but it would be handy if we can have the WAV file before doing so. Can you raise a support ticket referencing this forum post, and attach the WAV to the ticket.
Community Veteran

Support ticket raised 25734105
Phil
Just to clarify here what I put in the ticket.
The earlier voice mail did NOT in fact work for me. I have attached this one to the support ticket.
It was the later one that worked ok as it did for for you.
Sorry for the confusion Embarrassed
prichardson
Grafter

Ta, will need to look at this more. Hope to do this tomorrow, but I have to play on the mobile asylum (trains) tomorrow.