cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SJPhone - Need help with getting it to work!

Indizine
Dabbler

SJPhone - Need help with getting it to work!

Hi
I need some help wth set-up.
I've installed the SJphone software and followed the instructions for set up but can't dial out and it registers no calls coming in. That said, the plusnet account does register the incoming test calls I have made.
When I try to ring out, I get a pop up message saying SJ phone is not configured for this service. I tried calling a normal landline (my home number) and my mobile number, and got similar messages.
Also, and I don't know the relevance but the SJphone displayas at the bottom as offline - how do I make this display as online if it should be?
Also, I camr across something about SJPhone registration. Is this necessary or not? Nothing in the instructions about this and when I tried to get a key following instructions, it says the server/site is down for maintenance!
All very confusing. This sort of thing should be straightforward and from the looks of all these queries in the forum, it can't be. I find it rather user-unfriendly compared to other software. I only set it up necasue I use Plusnet broadband but it doesnt seem worth the faff!
any advice please?
However,
30 REPLIES
sharonadams748

Re: SJPhone - Need help with getting it to work!

To be honest, I raised a ticket due to a total lack of response, even though 12 people looked at my request. I thought these things were meant to be a kind of support.   Angry
I have to say so far, the whole Voip thing I'm not overly impressed with. This was the only reason for going to plus.net from Sky as my IP.
S.
Indizine
Dabbler

Quote from: sharonadams748
To be honest, I raised a ticket due to a total lack of response, even thought 12 people looked at my request. I thought these things were meant to be a kind of support.   Angry
I have to say so far, the whole Voip thing I'm not overly impressed with. This was the only reason for going to plus.net from Sky as my IP.
S.

well if I get no joy here I will probably ditch it and go for something else. I dont have time to hang around.
sharonadams748

I sent as requested through raising a ticket screen shots of my settings, that was around 7:40 this morning. Still not resolved.
Like you, I'm starting to think I've wasted my time, and paying for a service which is not being provided.
Quote from: Indizine
Quote from: sharonadams748
To be honest, I raised a ticket due to a total lack of response, even thought 12 people looked at my request. I thought these things were meant to be a kind of support.   Angry
S.

well if I get no joy here I will probably ditch it and go for something else. I dont have time to hang around.
Community Veteran

@Indizine
@sharonadams748
Welcome to the forum.
I assume you have you registered for the broadband phone and had the email from Plusnet with all the settings required.

Why don't you post your settings and which operating system you use on here so the members of the forum can begin to understand your problem.
If you do, remember to blank out personal info such as your username etc.
The problem you have could be caused by incorrect set up or your service may not be correctly set up by Plusnet.
Plusnet comms staff will pick this up and so will members who will be prepared to help.
What you need to understand is that sometimes these things take a little time and some patience is required.
Start by posting the settings you are using and we can begin from there.
Indizine
Dabbler

I disagree Santiago; these things should not 'take time' nor 'require patience'. They are a commercial product being sold and as a customer I can expect to receive a) what was offered before I signed up and b) what I was told I would receive after sign up.
The support forums are also part of the service package. There was nothing to suggest before sign up, in writing on this website, that these things can go awry; that they need time and or patience.
I run all sorts of software applications so this should be simple for Joe Public to set up. I have gone through the settings several times and cannot see where I have gone wron. Anyway, I posted a ticxket this morning and have not had a reply given the 'average reponse time is 2hrs 50 mins' quoted when I sent the ticket.  Roll eyes Maybe they don't work Saturday's.
Its not a big problem; if they dont fix it I go elsewhere. Plusnet either want my custom or they don't, I just don't like my time being wasted on tat software.
Community Veteran

I have found that anything to do with computers requires some time and patience.
When I have needed help I have found this forum is very helpful.
I am not an expert but I set up my Plusnet voip phone using SJPhone software. It took me about five minutes and I got it working first time. So I know how to do it. What I don't know is what your problem is.
I would like to help you.  So if you would like me or someone else to try and help you with your SJPhone set up, stop complaining and post some details so we can understand what the problem is.
RichSmol
Grafter

Indizine - i've looked at your account and i can see your auth attempts reaching the platform. Can you please try and make a call to a 01/02 number? We actually have a fraud prevention system on all newly created accounts which requries you to make a call to a 01/02 number before being able to make calls to mobiles or international numbers, i suspect that this might be the case or at least it'll help us to work out what the problem is once it is removed.
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

sharonadams748 - i cant see any auth attempts from your account at all which suggests that you might have a setting entered incorrectly somewhere. Please can you list your settings and setup (router being used/firewall/softphone client version/operating system etc)?
Indizine
Dabbler

I have tried several times to ring my home landline which starts with 01, wit no success. I keep getting the message about service confguration.
I have provide the detail here and I have not even received a reply to the support ticket for which I received confirmation:
"We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support Centre has now escalated your Question [number  26615396 ]
for further investigation."
That was 2 days ago.
Santiago - you are simply inflaming so please leave as you are nof no help to me.
Community Veteran

Goodbye
timlake
Grafter

I am new to this forum but have already found it to be a very helpful place.  Santiago seemed to be offering help and you tell him to leave!  I can understand your frustration but please try to direct it correctly and not at those who are offering you assistance.
RichSmol
Grafter

Indizine - a strange one really but i think theres something wrong with your password. I think its actually become corrupted in some way as I cant actually reset it. I'll raise this with Gradwell keep an eye out for a new email with all your password settings detailed. Im pretty certain this is the problem to be honest. Bare with me while i get this reset for you.
cheers
Rich
Indizine
Dabbler

ok thank you  Smiley

RichSmol
Grafter

that email should be with you now - i've just tested your account and was able to auth straight away now. Please use the original password you were provided with.
cheers
Rich