cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIP on Andriod Gingerbread. not getting anywhere

Community Veteran

SIP on Andriod Gingerbread. not getting anywhere

My Phone updated today to gingerbread with built in sip support. I have looked through this forum for hints and tips but I have got nowhere. the following are the settings I am using can someone point out where i may be going wrong.
username <sip no> am i meant to use sip id no@something?
password <as genereated>
server <sip.plus.net:5060> and have laos tried sip2.plus.net:5060 as per my voip settings I have also tried both without the 5060
Outbound proxy <natproxy.plus.net>
port no 5082
transport type UDP
Currently have fring working but can't find out how to get back into it's setup.
all help gratefully recieved.
podman
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: SIP on Andriod Gingerbread. not getting anywhere

No experience of the built-in sip client, so don't know how good it is.  3cx http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cxphone-free-sip-phone-android and bria http://www.counterpath.com/bria-android-edition.html ought to work. 
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 30

I've had google talk working briefly on my Android phone before...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

I have 3CX working on my android device, I also wrote a configuration article on the community library if you want to take a look. This may help you.
CB
The_10th
Grafter

@chemical brother - how do you find battery life, voice quality and if any drop-outs during the calls? Thanks for the post about 3CX Smiley
knowdice
Grafter

3CX doesn't work on Gingerbread  (2.3.3) Sad
Community Veteran

Quote from: The
@chemical brother - how do you find battery life, voice quality and if any drop-outs during the calls? Thanks for the post about 3CX Smiley

Sorry for the late reply - been a bit busy with work
I find the call quality ok, slightly digitised if you know what I mean, nowhere near as smooth as my old uncrippled Nokia N95 8gb, or come to think of it, Fring - however it does the job and does it reasonably well. I can't comment on battery life too much, other than I know it drains the battery more when it's running, therefore I really only use it at home when I am connected to a wireless network, or when I am at a friends house.
Sorry I can't be much more help than that
Community Veteran

Just came back to this article and can confim 3CX DOES work on gingerbread 2.3.3 I have just followed the instructions and it worked no problem.
Just wish there was an option in 3cx to work as an answerphone.
knowdice
Grafter

This seems to have been added recently as it didn't work with 2.3.3 or version 3.0 at the time of my post (27/5/2011)
Change log here - http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/3cxphone-android-build-history/
billyren

I have installed 3CX on my HTC Desire, it registers ok and I get On Hook, when I try to make calls it rings for a second then goes back to On Hook. I can call the answerphone ok on *1, also I can receive calls.
I then tried installing the 3CX windows client and getting exactly the same problem there, can't make calls.  The debug log reports server failure..
Any suggestions?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Have you got credit on your account ?