cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning VOIP User

Gengis

Returning VOIP User

I first enrolled and successfully setup my broadband phone in 2008 and for various reasons stopped using it.
I now have a broadband SIP handset and want to start using it. So far I've been unsuccessful so I thought I'd start at the basics and installed SJ Phone software to begin with to see if that worked as it's less complicated.
However I can't get this to work either. I'm not certain what is required as SIP user name, is it the username and password I use to login to the Broadband Phone control panel or is it the 7 digit reference numer and that same password or in fact a different password altogether?
My VOIP Control panel does indicate Status expired at 2008-07-11 14:24:28 is this relevent?
Any help would be appreciated
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Re: Returning VOIP User

I'm not certain what is required as SIP user name, is it the username and password I use to login to the Broadband Phone control panel or is it the 7 digit reference numer and that same password or in fact a different password altogether?

The sip username is the 7 digit number. The password is the sip password, it may be different from the voip control panel one. If you can't remember it then you can change it from the control panel, log in, select the extension and on the details page you can set the sip password.
Hope that helps
Gengis

Re: Returning VOIP User

That was a help but still won't connect.
I'm convinced it's got something to do with the status at that extension
Status expired at 2008-07-11 14:24:28 .
I've tried contacting PlusNet support but can't seem to get anywhere. Very frustrating..... Lips are sealed