cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting balance refund

Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Requesting balance refund

Maybe someone from the CRT could apply some common sense to this siuation. I raised a ticket yesterday  #107784495 formally requesting that my balance be refunded when the service ends in August, seemed the most sensible way of doing it to me. Got a reply
We're making some changes to the way we handle our customers questions. So, we’re not able to answer your question in this way but we’d be more than happy to help you quickly and easily though Plusnet Chat.
... so I tried Chat, waited 10 mins to chat to someone , only for them to say they couldn't handle the query and I needed to call in, what!!!
TBH I was half expecting the person on chat to not know anything about Broadband phoen and I suspect that's why they couldn't handle it, but will CSC be any better?
Hopefully Bob or someone else from CRT can pick up the ticket and avoid me wasting mine and CSC time on the phone Roll eyes
33 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Re: Requesting balance refund

Sorry about that MisterW, the ticket was in the right place and should have certainly not been handled the way it was.
I've passed on the feedback and updated the ticket for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Do you plan on using any of your credit between now or August, or are you happy for the refund to be processed now?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Veteran

@Harry,
Thanks for applying some sense.
@Bob,
Yes I do plan on using it up until August, so would only want the refund processed when the system is discontinued in August, thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I've just been on chat to ask if my VoIP account could be terminated now as I've set up with a new provider. I was told no.
(Although I' think I've given everyone the new number, I'm seeing terminated anonymous calls on the voicemailbox (there's no phone connected to the Plusnet service now) with no message left - I'd like them to get number unobtainable)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

jelv,
Does disabling voicemail on the extension details not help ?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: jelv
I've just been on chat to ask if my VoIP account could be terminated now as I've set up with a new provider. I was told no.

Terminating the account now is simple enough to arrange.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

For a man of your calibre I'm sure it is Bob. Seems like anything to do with voip is beyond CSC though Wink
Thanks for your ( & Harrys ) input to my request. I wouldn't have been surprised, that if I'd continued as sugested on the chat and called CSC, they would have said 'raise a ticket' Roll eyes
Goodness knows what would happen without CRT. I sincerely hope we never have to find out...
Community Veteran

Bob, Please find the GM Maestro and do some 'educating'
[quote=Chat transcript]*****: Good afternoon, I'm *****. How can I help you today?
John Elvin: 1. Can you confirm that I will be receiving a refund of the balance on the account
John Elvin: 2. As I have now set up VoIP with another provider can I close the VoIP service with you now and get an immediate refund
*****: One moment, I'll just have a look into that for you
*****: If the balance is over £5 this will be refunded back to you, the account itself will close down automatically.
John Elvin: I'd like the old number to go 'dead' now as I don't have a phone connected to it - at the moment it goes to voice mailbox. Can I get it shut down before 26th August?
John Elvin: Although I've notified everyone of my new number I'm getting people trying to ring me
*****: Just checking this for you now.
*****: It's not something we can close down individually unfortunately it will be a full system shut down on 26/08/15.
John Elvin: OK
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: jelv
Bob, Please find the GM Maestro and do some 'educating'

:mand:
I've closed your account and refunded the balance BTW.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Veteran

I go to https://voip.plus.net/login/phonenumbers and get the attached screen. So I do as it says and email support@plus.net. It's no surprise that this gets bounced:
Hi,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen.
Depending on your enquiry you may find your answer conveniently online - either from our support pages, or through the Help Assistant (http://help.plus.net). These have lots of easy to follow guides to help you with all your broadband and Internet questions (http://support.plus.net).
We prefer electronic 'tickets' to emails, this means that you can always see what updates have been made and check back over previous tickets too.
If you do prefer to contact us by phone you can call our support line on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. We're open 24 hours a day, every day.
If you're a new customer, and want to know more about Plusnet, you can send us a message from our website (use the sales link at the foot of the page) or call our Sales Team on 0800 432 0080
Kind regards,
Lisa Hardie
Head of Customer Service
http://www.plus.net/

I should have some spare time around 11pm tonight - I'll do as it advises and try ringing then.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Bob
I've closed your account and refunded the balance BTW.

Thanks Bob - at least there's one sane person left at Plusnet towers.
jaygee

I have been attempting to request a refund for my PAYG  broadband phone account. I have just under £5 credit so as stated by Chris Parr in his forum answer of 29/5/15    http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139791.msg1233810.html#msg1233810 ; I decided to phone to request the refund.
  I phoned CS this morning. Eventually a woman answered who knew nothing of the broadband phone closure.so I directed her to the emails sent out regarding it. She went to see her manager [lots of ear shattering heavy rock in the meantime - I suffer from tinnitus & this does not help] & returned, having been advised that it needed to be handled by Technical Services (?) . She transferred me to them so  after more noisy music, a guy answered who also knew nothing of the broadband closure. After again explaining the situation that I wanted a refund, I pointed him to to the FAQ page which he read. He also went to take advice [more rock music] & returned saying it needed to be dealt with by the Voip Team (?). He said he would raise a ticket & send to them & copy me which he did..
An hour & a half later, I got an email from "Plusnet Support" with this :
"Question 108004589 has been closed.
Thank you for getting in touch regarding your VoIP account.
We will process a refund if you have more than £5.00 of calling credit remaining when the service is switched off. If you are due a refund, we will send a cheque to your registered name/address, so to avoid any complications, please ensure this information is up to date in the Member Centre.
I hope this clears things up for you. However, if you feel the matter needs further investigation do not hesitate to get back in touch via our online Chat, or in a call to the support team, and we will be happy to provide further assistance.
  Kind regards,
Richard Unsworth"
My reaction is that this does not clear things up, as  I interpret  it to mean they will only refund over £5.  It does not explicity state that even though I have requested a refund as per Chris Parr's advice, it will be forthcoming.
The ticket was closed when they sent the email.
What else do I need to do to ensure my money is refunded? From forum comments, I'm not the only one this is happening to, yet nothing gets done about it.
All this running around just wastes everybody's time.
p.s. a few minutes after that, they sent me a customer feedback survey !

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll take a look now and have a word with Rich...
Edit: I've processed a refund for you and zeroed your calling credit. You'll need to wait a few days for the funds to reach your account.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

jaygee

Thanks Bob but it would save Plusnet costly effort [& reduce my blood pressure] if all staff was aware of these things  & there was a simple processing procedure in place. Plusnet staff time has no doubt cost much more than the value of my refund.
Thanks again.