cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration failed - yet again

Community Veteran

Registration failed - yet again

Can someone take a look as to what is going on please? My BB phone has failed registration yet again and no amount of rebooting seems to cure it. Everything has been working well since the firmware downgrade on my router.
I'm kinda getting tired with the flakiness of the services offered now, it seems that it's so up and down, well more down like a French Maids knickers.
60 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Registration failed - yet again

I also having a problem with one of my devices not logging on and coming back with Login incorrect. The device is a Nokia 6300i and the settings for the VoIP is done by a XML file which has to be compiled on a PC and downloaded to the Nokia. Therefore no changes can be done on the phone and I have not downloaded a file since November last year.  My Flexor 151 seem to be able to login and is working okay.
James
Grafter

Morning Roger.
Can I ask if anyone is seeing similar problems with their VoIP service?
The latest I've seen from Gradwell was this:
Thomas Causer at July 7, 2009 11:41 am:
Issue: lon-pbx-7.gradwell.net
We are currently investigating issues with our PBX server
lon-pbx-7.gradwell.net. This will be affecting registrations of phones
and also call set up.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused and our system admins are
working on stablising the system.
However, I didn't see any complaints yesterday afternoon so believed that it may not have been affecting any of our customers.
Fixes: 101

It's working ok here, but I haven't tried to register anything..
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Just tried X-lite from the Office and it registered fine.
My C475IP has been on permanently and whilst I may not have noticed if it wasnt registered ( I've not tried to use it in the last few days ) I havent seen any 'offline' emails.
Hope that helps
Ian
johpal
Grafter

I've recently had my share of router problems recently, but my C475IP is registered and working fine.
Community Veteran

James,
not sure if you have had any update from Gradwell yet, but it's still not registering here.
*gives up*
pd
Grafter

James
I had loads of registration problems Monday & Tuesday on account of the DNS problem ....
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,77567.80.html
which looks to be about sorted and I have had no problems yesterday or today.
My asterisk registers with lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net
James
Grafter

Roger,
Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday.  Can I ask if the problems are still happening?
If they are, I'll get CSC to raise a case with Gradwell.
itsme
Grafter

Don't forget me. I have the same problem on one of my devices, Nokia 6300i,  as I have stated above. I have raised a ticket and still waiting for a reponse nearly 24 hours later. The 6300i is working on a Sipgate account.
James
Grafter

Itsme, I'll get someone to pick up your ticket.
ericthepig
Dabbler

I'm having exactly the same problem as itsme - 'Login Incorrect'
Nokia 6300i, nothing changed on the phone since March, works fine on Gizmo.
Neil
ericthepig
Dabbler

But, I should have said, I installed SJphone and that works ok.
We don't have some old setting on our Nokias which is suddenly not supprted, do we?
Neil
itsme
Grafter

Am I likely to see any support from PN/Gradwell on this?
Gradwell has not made on changes, I am afraid I can't really give info on the setup of your mobile device, but if you can try and use the voip service on Sjphone we can help if there is a problem.

From the reply to me ticket I have to say that it does not look like it. The part that I have marked is not correct as now there are 2 users experiences the same problem after many months of trouble free use. The Nokia 6300i is a true VoIP mobile http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-6300i unlike others in the Nokia range were an application has to be used.
Unfortunately the 6300i is not an easy device to setup for VoIP as it done by an xml file which then has to be converted to a pov file then sent to the phone. Hence the reason that since I configured the phone in November last year I have not done any changes.
So what changes have Gradwell done to their platform in the last few days and are they willing to offer support to get to the bottom of this? I would hope so as Nokia do produce a lot of phones that potentially could be used by other Gradwell customers.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

I was having problems with registration on my N95 before I went to bed last night but failed to notice whether or not it was still broken when I woke up. I'm at the office now so I'm unable to test this at the moment.
Looks like Gradwell last did some maintenance on Monday.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵