cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration Error

cedargrange

Registration Error

No one seems interested - can a member of staff help please?Huh
Dear Forum, I appreciate that this topic has been discussed before but the solution may to my problem may be individual to me! I changed over to the VoIP Beta Trial back in December, as although the service was fine there was a problem with the amount of free time I was able to receive, being short by about 60 minutes each month. Having changed all my settings I now receive the following message - Registration Error: 401 - Unauthorized 
Can you help please?
Thanks
Cedargrange Sad
7 REPLIES
mcgurka
Grafter

Re: Registration Error

OK, apologies if I've missed something, but 401-Unauth would indicate a password failure of some sort to me.
Could you try logging into the voip control panel, and changing your password? It is possible this will re-sync the passwords on the voip system itself.
If you still dont get anywhere, let me know and I will be happy to go through some more troubleshooting with you.
Scott
< could a mod shift this to voip trials? ta. >
N/A

Quote from: mcgurka
< could a mod shift this to voip trials? ta. >

Indeed they could - your wish is my command!
Moved to a more appropriate forum.
mcgurka
Grafter

Rich, any chance you could have a look to make sure all is OK with this account? Just hate to see unhappy customers, since I know the service works!
RichSmol
Grafter

You should be on the Broadband Phone 360 package - i've checked this and that part seems to be right. As suggested before, i'd reset your passwords but make sure that you are changing both your VoIP device and VoIP trial account passwords at the same time. There is an option to reset the Control panel password in the 'Contact details' menu - at the foot of the page. From there click the 'extensions' link and change the device password to the same thing. This will hopefully eliminate the possibility of it being a username/password issue. Sorry its long winded - looking to improve this in the future.
Let me know how you get on, then we'll tackle the minutes issue if thats still occuring.
Please ensure that your using the following generic settings:
SIP realm: sip2.plus.net
Username: your trial sip ID
SIP proxy: nat.plus.net:5082
Password: as stated in the trial welcome email
cheers
Rich
cedargrange

Many thanks. I'll try all that you suggest and let you know how I get on.
cedargrange

How about that! Changed the passwords and all works fine now.
Many thanks Smiley
mcgurka
Grafter

No worries, just glad you got it all sorted out!  Grin