cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of credit

Petard
Rising Star

Refund of credit

When the Broadband Phone service ends, will PlusNet refund our credit balances?
9 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Refund of credit

depends on how much
https://community.plus.net/voip-and-fax/#5
What will happen to my Broadband Phone credit? Will I get a refund?
We will process a refund if you have more than £5.00 of calling credit remaining when the service is switched off. If you are due a refund, we will send a cheque to your registered name/address so please ensure this information is up to date in the Member Centre to avoid any complications.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

Which is confusing as it also says:
Can I still add top-up credit to my Broadband Phone VoIP account? I assume if you don't move to Gradwell your credit of less than a fiver is potentially going to McMillan but if you stay your credit will transfer to the new Gradwell account.
For a while, however we will stop accepting top-up payments on 21st July. If you plan on using the service beyond this date then please ensure that you have enough credit to last you. If you transfer your account to Gradwell, then you will carry any unused credit across to the new account.
[top]
Petard
Rising Star

Thanks, Dvorak.
RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

This is the first I've heard of this dastardly deed.  Shocked
Presumably the previous posters were notified of this in some way to be able to post about it - perhaps the notification process (email?) is on-going and I just haven't received mine yet.
I've read the FAQ linked to above, and although the BB Phone service is referred to as 'legacy', I can't see any reference to the Free Broadband Phone Service (e.g. 'Anytime 240' and similar) which was included with some types of 'legacy' ADSL accounts.  Surely if that is withdrawn then IMO that would be a devaluation of the account.
What about the £5.00 fee paid by some people to have their (e.g.) landline number presented as CLI instead of their allocated VoIP number?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Credit may not be transferred!
Quote from: podman
Gradwell have advised they will not be transferring credit as per PN email suggested.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The FAQs have been changed - there is no transfer of credit if you move to Gradwell.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Quote from: RobPN
This is the first I've heard of this dastardly deed.   Shocked
Presumably the previous posters were notified of this in some way to be able to post about it - perhaps the notification process (email?) is on-going and I just haven't received mine yet.

I've just been through some of the mail data and an email was definitely sent (and delivered) to you. It's showing as unopened though, which suggests you may not have read it. Are you checking the mailbox listed here?
I've read the FAQ linked to above, and although the BB Phone service is referred to as 'legacy', I can't see any reference to the Free Broadband Phone Service (e.g. 'Anytime 240' and similar) which was included with some types of 'legacy' ADSL accounts.

All VoIP services are being retired.
What about the £5.00 fee paid by some people to have their (e.g.) landline number presented as CLI instead of their allocated VoIP number?

Non-refundable I'm afraid, although if it's something you've only requested recently, then I'm sure an exception could be made.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RobPN
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Bob
This is the first I've heard of this dastardly deed.   Shocked

I've just been through some of the mail data and an email was definitely sent (and delivered) to you. It's showing as unopened though, which suggests you may not have read it. Are you checking the mailbox listed here?

Yes Bob, I received the email @ 11:27 on 28/6/15, almost 24 hrs after posting, so  I'm sorry for not updating the thread.  I did read it (quickly), but Thunderbird is set to mark emails read after 1 minute and remote content is blocked, so perhaps that's why it was showing as unread at your end.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Thanks Rob, odd that it took so long (although come to think of it, I think mine took a while too).
Plain text clients and those blocking remote content do result in the mail appearing unopened at this side.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵