cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording voicemail greeting/message

Stiggy

Recording voicemail greeting/message

I'm trying to change the default voicemail message on my broadband phone, but I'm still getting the default greeting.
I've dialled in using the number and PIN shown, recorded a greeting, and it shows as recorded on the site. However, the default voicemail greeting message is still heard.
EDIT: I've followed the instructions http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/voicemail.shtml#3.
Am I missing something obvious?
2 REPLIES
teldanet
Grafter

Re: Recording voicemail greeting/message

I had the same problem.  The answer is in the help/support section.  You like me, used the VOIP dashboard instructions which do not work
Stiggy

Re: Recording voicemail greeting/message

I'm following the process in the Help and Support section, which points you to the Control Panel anyway.
Go to the ‘Voice Prompts’ section of the Broadband Phone Control Panel and choose ‘Record New Voice Prompt’. Once you’ve given your new message a name you’ll be provided with further details and a number. Call the number from a standard phone line and enter the PIN you are given to record your message.

Using the number and PIN allows me to record a message, but when I dial in to test I still get the "the person at extension number..." message rather than my own greeting.