cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re VOIP warning via 3 vodafone 02 orange t-mobile

puddy
Grafter

Re VOIP warning via 3 vodafone 02 orange t-mobile

Just a word of warning unless your sim card provider allows you a free data usage with your contract don’t setup your Nokia phone to allow VOIP access via your mobile phone companies network.
Even if you make no calls you could run up a huge bill over your mobile phone companies network instead of  free over a wireless internet connection . 
I just got  a bill from 3 for £20 for data usage
Plus in the end its no cheaper to make a VoIP call over your mobile phone network anyway
I am not sure if you could be charged to receive a VoIP call when your connected via your mobile phone companies network because it’s still using data best to make a  5min test call and see when your bill comes in to see if your are charged
It all depends on your contract with your mobile phone company
Puddy
In addtiton you dont need a sim card in your Nokia E65 N82 N95 N95-8gb to make a voip call over a internet wireless network
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Re VOIP warning via 3 vodafone 02 orange t-mobile

OUCH! I thought they charged at 50p/Mb for data. Says that on the web site. Might be worth contacting them about it.
My PAYG sim that I used for voip was using the included 150Mb for the voip calls, and I still have the £10 credit I put on it.