Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Skype network priority

techguy
Grafter

Question about Skype network priority

Hi
Although I know you'd rather I use gradwell's bb phone I was wondering whether Skype is also treated as VOIP traffic and thus given high network priority?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Question about Skype network priority

All identified VoIP traffic is prioritised highly, including Skype.
B.
techguy
Grafter

Thanks Barry
I don't think that much of VoIP myself but several friends use skype and I have an account on it so I may as well use it (cheaper than phoning them)
puddy
Grafter

I do use plusnet and sipgate voip network did you know you can get in to real voip service from free?
Free if you already have a Nokia E65 N82 N95 N95-8GB and N96 mobile phone (not vodaphone supplied)
Upgrade router time look for speedtouch 716 wl wireless (which has 2 voip ports) router from 99p or a Linksys PAP2 adapter from £15
With real voip you dont need to leave your computer on to make and receive calls
Change your home phone for a cordless look at siemens c 450 460 475 dect ip phone models allow you to make normal landline calls and voip calls with the same phone and you can add slave cordless handsets to.
puddy
ps all except the nokia mobile phones you need at least one spare port on your router