cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with a Grandstream GXV3005

puddy
Grafter

Problems with a Grandstream GXV3005

I am having a problem when calling a friend on orbtalk to orbtalk on my Grandstream GXV3005 I get the dialling tone but when he answer I get nothing and he cannot hear me .
I asked him to sign up with sipgate and I get the same problem again but when he calls me  we can hear each other 
If I call him on my Nokia N95 it works, so I thought it was a specific phone problem on my Grandstream GXV 3005 but when I called my neighbour on his Plusnet account it works fine.
I have factory re-set the phone I have factory re-set my router (speedtouch 716wl)  I have switched the firmware off on the router and computer still no audio.  I have switched off ALG still no joy.
I don’t know if it’s the router causing the problem?
Anybody got the same type of problems?
Puddy
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Problems with a Grandstream GXV3005

Sounds like a NAT or STUN issue to me.
puddy
Grafter

I think you could be right but what type of problem?
Orbtalk does not have a stun but sipgate does!
I did a factory reset on the GXV3005 and factory reset the Speedtouch 716wl router and just set it up with orbtalk only and get the same problem yet it works fine with my revived Grandstream GXP2000 & Nokia n95  but again no sound on the GXV3005
I thought it may be a fault with a router setting on my friends router but he's in Spain on a different router so I called him no sound again.
So all my VOIP phones work except my GXV3005 but it works fine on Plusnet voip service but not on Orbtalk.
I am going to try a different Speedtouch router without built-in VOIP ports I was thinking could the 716wl voip ports be screwing up NAT settings somehow?
Puddy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Try using the Sipgate STUN server with the Orbtalk account. It shouldnt matter which STUN server is used...