cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Calling Vodafone 07554 numbers?

wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Problems Calling Vodafone 07554 numbers?

I recently found a problem using VOIP to call a Vodafone number in the 07554 xxxxxx block. If I called the number from my VOIP line I got a "fast busy" signal. If I called the same number from a landline I got through.
I have raised a ticket and the issue is under investigation, however Plusnet & Gradwell (reasonably) would both like to call the number to verify the problem and trace the routing. However the number is a work number for someone on call, who I suspect ( I don't know them except that I needed to speak to them on business) will probably - for good reason - be reluctant to have it made available for technical support to play with!!
As a way of testing the issue can anyone (who owns, or has a friend who owns ) a Vodafone number in this block and uses Plusnet VOIP make a test call and report whether they get the same fast busy problem. If so its probably a Gradwell - Vodafone routing issue - if not it may be something to do with my account.
3 REPLIES
puddy
Grafter

Re: Problems Calling Vodafone 07554 numbers?

Stupid question
How much credit do you have on your voip account?
is the vodaphone number you are trying to phone a mobile premium number?
Puddy
wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks for the reply , but plenty of credit and its not a premium number. I can call other Vodafone numbers and numbers on other networks. Its just this block that seems to be a problem.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

My voda number starts 07791 so can't help I'm afraid.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵