Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible fix for X-Lite 3

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Possible fix for X-Lite 3

For anyone having problems with incoming calls not hearing you when talking to them (no outgoing audio) then try the following, it worked for me.
With X-Lite 3 running dial ***7469 with the softphone keypad and press the ‘off hook’ (or 'Dial') button.
A new window should open with ‘Advanced Options’ in the title bar.
Below the title bar is a box labelled ‘Filter:’
Type the word ‘honor’ (no quotes) into the box and then press the [Apply Filter] button.
You should get just one line left with the ‘Option Name’ of ‘system:network:honor_first_codec’ and a ‘Value’ of ‘0’.
Double click the line and a dialog box will appear with the value 0 in it, change the value to 1 and click [OK].
Click the close ‘X’ in the top right corner and X-Lite will ask you if you wish to save the settings, click [Yes] and you should now have outgoing audio.
With thanks to a forum answer for another user by Derek Jacobs on the CounterPath support forums.
Regards, P.
12 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 36

Re: Possible fix for X-Lite 3

I've just made this change and it works for me too.  Grin
Thanks for passing on the information.
David
PS The "off hook" button shows "Dial" as its tool-tip; would referring to it by that name be better?
David
craig_p
Grafter

ive tried this but still no audio from calls made x lite phone on my comp.  any ideas please

r
craig p
RichSmol
Grafter

try V2 of XLite - it resolved my outgoing audio problems - following a meeting with Gradwell last week we confirmed that XLite presents a bug which causes this issue. Its not 100% clear whether any of the proposed fixes apply to all users - seems to be quite speradic.
XLite V2 link:
http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_6405.html
craig_p
Grafter

Grin
hi  iv installed the v2 that you suggested and on first try it seemed to work much better.  there's an echo on it but im sure its just the settings i need to change.  thanks for info
r
craig p
Zaphod
Dabbler

Thank you Pendragon, this has solved my problems with X-Lite 3 I can now receive an incoming call to my PSTN number.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Community Veteran

Moderators Note
Stickly'ed as per Staff request.
Jonathan
aka Chilly
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I am humbled I have never had a post ‘sticky’ in my posting career  Cool.
To ‘spraxyt’ I have added your suggestion of ‘Dial’ to the original line of my post, good suggestion I hadn’t noticed the ‘tooltip’.
Christmas wishes to all, P.
Ianwild
Grafter

Finally tried this after getting rung from New Zealand tonight - It worked fine once I'd made the change so thanks a lot for that one!
Ian
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

Pendragon +1.
RichSmol
Grafter

Some further info on where we're at with XLite v3 -
The problem seems to affect the latest release of Xlite and clients registered on sip.gradwell.net
Counterpath are aware of this issue - it has been raised by customers of other ISP's and are working to release a fix (which was promised in January and has not been delivered).
Possible workarounds are;
1/ Migrate the account to the newsip beta platform,
2/ Use of another Softphone (SJLabs comes recommended by Gradwell) - they are currently also looking at a softphone called Zoiper which seems superior to Xlite.
Gradwell have tested the behaviour with another softphone product and confirmed it does not happen ; all info has been fed back to Counterpath with traces.
Gradwell are currently testing their newsip beta platform with a view to migrating customers in a couple of weeks time.
cheers
Rich
nrpowell

Hi Everybody
I'm new to plusnet and just completed setting up my broadband phone. 
I decided to use the latest version of x-lite and keyed in all the details as best I could. It all works great !
My SIP domain is sip.plus.net NOT sip.gradwell.net is that why everything is OK ?
If the problem is now resolved for new accounts, it might be useful to supply a set up guide for x-lite as mapping the setup parameters to x-lite is a bit tricky in parts.
chickendippers
Grafter

I thought I'd give Zoiper a try and it's pretty good; a really nifty little program and straight forward to configure.