cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet doesn't do VOIP phone

Dick

Plusnet doesn't do VOIP phone

Having recently transfereed from Orange (EE) to Plusnet I now find that I can't transfer my VOIP phone line through my new Plusnet router - no facility to do this?
Has anyone any ideas what I should do?
Dick
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Plusnet doesn't do VOIP phone

which router did you have previously?
PN does do VoIP, I use mine every day as do other members. I have a phone which doesn't require the router to do anything except route, which is why I asked about your previous router.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Dick

Thanks for the reply.
Very strange? 'cos when I quetioned Plusnet re this problem the answer was:
"Unfortunately we would be unable to directly support third party devices or VoIP services.  It may be worthwhile raising your query on our Community Forums and one of our other customers may be able to assist you further.
We no longer provide a VoIP service as part of our broadband packages.
Hope this answers your query fully.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards, link:csa removed"
...and hence my question on the Community Forum. My previous router was supplied by Wanadoo prior to them becoming Orange (who are now EE!). It is called a Wanadoo 0629 Livebox. I simly used their supplied phone adaper to connect a phone into the livebox (router) and an 0845 no was supplied by Wanadoo. I want to do the same think with Plusnet as I do (did) use this line quite a lot.
Any help/advice gratefully received, noting that I am not an IT wizzard!!  
adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules]
Fixes: 101

PN have stopped supplying VoIP to residential customers as was pointed out in your reply.
However you can still use 3rd party VoIP providers such as Sipgate  (http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/) you'd need to get your own adapter / phone to use with it or you can get VoIP apps for most mobiles and there  are options of free soft phones.
I don't know much about the Orange / Wanadoo /EE adapter but there might also be help out there to get that working with another provider.
Will Moderate For Thanks