cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet VOIP Beta and Draytek 2900VG

cheeser

Plusnet VOIP Beta and Draytek 2900VG

I have started a new thread because I think that this may become an issue, I cannot register with thePlusnet Beta VOIP server.
Below is a copy of my current setup, un-working, I have tried every possibly permutation of the settings, so I'm pretty sure that the problem lies with the router, which is a Draytek Vigor 2900VG with the latest firmware (2.5.9.1).
SIP
Port 1
SIP Port              = 5060
Domain                = sip2.plus.net
Outbound Proxy    = sip2.plus.net
Port Settings
Port 1
Register via        = Both
Display Name      = Mal(Plusnet-B)
Account Name      = 8Huh?Huh
Authentication ID = 8Huh?Huh
Password            = ********
Expiry Time          = 30 mins
Stun Server          = NOT SET
I should say that this is an excellent router, which I have been using for almost 3 years. it has a very good firewall and a myriad of configuration options.
Also, I don't have a general VOIP problem as I have been successfully using Draytel since I bought this router, and have briefly used the current "default" Plusnet VOIP service without any problem.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestion, especially from Draytek Vigor 2900VG/V users.
I seem to have made a big job of this, I hope it's not too convoluted a story.
Thanks for any help.
Mal
4 REPLIES
cheeser

Re: Plusnet VOIP Beta and Draytek 2900VG

Sorry, I should add for Plusnet's Support Team, in the mean time I intend to reconfigure for the default service. I am fully aware that I cannot use both services concurrently. This is not going to be a problem at this time of the night, but please confirm that it is ok to switch. Either way it's not a problem as I still have Draytel.
Please advise.
Best Regards & Thanks
Mal
puddy
Grafter

I have not used a draytek router for a while but could you try the following in out bound proxy?
nat.plus.net:5082
Puddy
cheeser

Sorry Puddy, but I had typed my current settings incorrectly. They should have been as follows:
SIP
Port 1
Proxy                  = sip2.plus.net
Outbound Proxy    = nat.plus.net:5082
Port Settings
Port 1
Register via        = Auto
Account Name      = 8?Huh
Authentication ID = 8?Huh

Also, I have tried "nat.plus.net:5082" in both the Proxy and Outbound Proxy fields. There doesn't seem to be an acceptable combination.
Mal
cheeser

Problem solved, I'm not entirely sure why it was necessary, but I returned the router to factory defaults and reconfigured everything, and hey presto VOIP working.
Setting as follows:
SIP
Port 1
Proxy                  = sip2.plus.net
Outbound Proxy    = nat.plus.net:5082
Port Settings
Port 1
Register via        = Auto
Account Name      = 8?Huh
Authentication ID = 8?Huh
I hope this helps others with a Draytek 2900VG or similar router, and I will be doing further testing in the coming weeks, especially over the holiday period.
One thing I have noticed, as my router has a public IP address I tried leaving out the Outbound Proxy details.
Whilst I found that I could make outgoing calls, there was no ringing on incoming calls,  applying nat.plus.net:5082 to this field fixed the problem.
However, after removing the Outbound Proxy details again and rebooting the router incoming calls did ring, I'm not sure what's going on.
Cheeser