Just posted this to Service Status:
Maintenance Window:-
Monday 31st March 9:00am-10:00am.
Service Affected:-
Broadband Phone VoIP BETA Trial.
Duration of expected customer impact:-
Approximately 5 minutes.
Detailed description of work to be performed:-
We will be making a DNS change to point sip2.plus.net to a new Gradwell VoIP platform with improved resiliency.
Expected customer impact:-
Customers may experience a short interruption in service when the DNS changes are detected by their systems. Any customers continuing to experience performance or connectivity issues following this work are advised to restart their VoIP hardware or software and try re-registering with the servers.
Other Notes:-
Further details regarding our VoIP Broadband Phone BETA Trial can be found in the original announcement:-
http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/11/12/gradwell-the-future-of-broadband-phone/

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

40 REPLIES
pnf
Grafter

Re: Planned VoIP BETA Trial Maintenance - Monday 31st March 9:00am-10:00am

How will this change affect those who are using the Gradwell service on lon-pbx-12.gradwell.net?  Will we need to use the new resilient service or stay where we are for the time being?
RichSmol
Grafter

Good question - i've passed the info over to Gradwell, I suspect that trying to connect you through the newsip platform would be the first test to see if the added resilience fixes the problem. After that test we could decide whether to move you back or not.
RichSmol
Grafter

There will be no change to users on PBX12.
teldanet
Grafter

Noticed my phone was offline at about 10am.  It might have gone offline before then.  My other SIP accounts were ok.  I assume that this offline status was due to the DNS change this morning.  Crazy
RichSmol
Grafter

more than likely. Is everything ok now?
Total_Chaos
Dabbler

Notice your reply to "teldanet".  I have just tried, 10 minutes or so ago,  to phone my phone from work using the PSTN number and am getting the message that the extension (SIP ID) is not available.  So assume that this is due to the DNS changes.  It may be that the PAP2 needs rebooting.  Then again it could be a local power cut, etc.,  I suppose.
sourceit
Grafter

I too cannot receive incoming calls, it goes straight to voicemail.  I have shutdown and restarted my N82 and now it won't register on the service.  Do I need to make any changes to my previous SIP settings?
RichSmol
Grafter

no, you should still be connecting to sip2.plus.net:5060 with NAT settings stated as nat.plus.net:5082 and no STUN server settings required. Please can you check these 3 items over before we delv into more diagnostics.
itsme
Grafter

I've personally found that a stun server is required. I'm using stun.gradwell.net  at 3478. Without it my adaptor will not register, not sure why the lack of a stun will stop registering!
Total_Chaos
Dabbler

STUN is required to traverse a firewall especially when you have it NAT'd.  Usually if you have all the correct ports and protocols set up in your router/firewallto pass through it will work without.  Sounds as though something has changed somewhere.
sourceit
Grafter

Please see my post from just over a week ago on the settings I am using on my Nokia N82 phone
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,62489.0.html
Regards
Ben Cooper
xpcomputers
Grafter

Something appears to be amiss here too.
My Billion 7404VGO VOIP Router was working totally fine. However, I just noticed this thread, so thought to check my line for incoming calls... and sure enough they don't work today! Nothing has changed at my end. Yet I can't receive calls now, they route straight to answer machine.
The router's lights and status screens all show that the PlusTalk VOIP beta account is correctly registered and working... yet clearly it isn't.
Any ideas what has broken at your end? Or what I need to change to get it working again?
I repeat, nothing has changed at my end, but the VOIP phone line is not working now today. Anyone else with these problems found a fix for it yet?
Mike
sourceit
Grafter

Still broken my end.  Unable to connect to the connection network is the error I get which means something PlusNet/GradWell's end doesn't work or a setting is incorrect.  Nothing has changed my end.
Ben
P.S. And I only just fixed my anonymous call rejection problem as well!
xpcomputers
Grafter

Definitely something wrong with the upgrade this morning. I just looked at my account settings on http://voip.plus.net and it says I was last logged on at 9:30 AM 31/3/2008 !!! Does that time seem familiar? ;O)
That proves it stopped working this morning during the "upgrade". I am happy to play with settings at this end to try and resolve this, but now idea where to start, given it was working for months on end until today!
Would appreciate some thoughts on this.
Mike