cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone suddenly showing as NOT REGISTERED

paxy
Grafter

Phone suddenly showing as NOT REGISTERED

This morning my account on broadband phone is showing as NOT REGISTERED.
However through the online control panel in plusnet it says I am online.
I know it not something at my end as I am running 2 plusnet broadband phone accounts through the one Grandstream 2020 (as I have done for years) and the settings are identical apart form the different accounts (the other account is connecting fine today).
Is there something up with the service this morning?Huh
8 REPLIES
paxy
Grafter

Re: Phone suddenly showing as NOT REGISTERED

ok - now the other line has gone as well and will not register either.  Doesn't appear to be anything to do with the phone or my broadband as sigate are still happily connected and working ...
Simon_M
Grafter

Probably little consolation, but it doesn't appear to be system wide. Both my sip2.plus.net & my sip.gradwell.net accounts are registered & there are no problems reported at http://www.gradwellstatus.com.
paxy
Grafter

thanks  Undecided
one has come back on but the other remains off - I have raised a ticket but the wait time is estimated 60 hours!
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:Phone suddenly showing as NOT REGISTERED

Hi paxy,
We're not seeing anything widespread, though your ticket should be picked up shortly. If we hear anything I'll post back.
paxy
Grafter

Thanks orbrey
It certainly seems to be something to do with running two accounts over one connection.  It has worked flawlessly since you migrated to gradwell, but something seems to have changed recently.  The account settings are identical apart from the different account login and passwords.  Both accounts will work alone on the phone, but will not register together.  I had not changed anything at this end when it stopped working.
I get no errors at this end apart form NOT REGISTERED, I assume gradwell could see why the rejection is happening.
The only thing that springs to mind is that something has changed on the ports at plusnet or gradwell.  The Grandstream is running the second line on Port 5070 (the first being on standard 5060).
(Gradwell do sell the GS 2020 and I would assume that have some customers who have more than one gradwell line on the phone, so I see no reason why it should suddenly stop working.)
Thanks, Pax
Simon_M
Grafter

You may be right, but I currently have registered 1 Gradwell account, 2 Plusnet accounts (=Gradwell) & a Sipgate account, all over the one connection.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: paxy
  The Grandstream is running the second line on Port 5070 (the first being on standard 5060).
(Gradwell do sell the GS 2020 and I would assume that have some customers who have more than one gradwell line on the phone, so I see no reason why it should suddenly stop working.)
Pax

You got this fixed yet?
Can you setup your Grandstream accounts to work in 5060 5062 5064 instead of 5060 then 5070? or give both the plusnet accounts 5060
My Grandstream GXV3005 &GXP2000 both have 5060  along with Nokia E65  Speedtouch 716wl and Gigaset 460ip phones
  I know it should not work but it does on my phones without any issues

Kind regards
Michael
paxy
Grafter

Well tonight - it seems to have started working again!
I am still not sure of the cause ...
The Grandstream 2020 seems to allocate 5070 and then +2 for each new account (up to 6).  I had previously had 3 sipgate accounts on the one phone and did accidently set them all to 5070, it seemed to get confused and ring them both (not sure of the logic behind that!?)
Anyway - all 6 lines now happily up and running including2 form plusnet so thanks all for your interest and help.