Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says registered but Plustalk says not

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Phone says registered but Plustalk says not

Since the switch over to the new platform I'm having problems. My phone says it's registered but when I dial the PSTN number I get a message saying the extension is not available and the Trial web page says I'm not registered.  Bit of a big dissapointment after a few months of reliable service.
4 REPLIES
petergradwell
Grafter

Re: Phone says registered but Plustalk says not

- this is now sorted.
thanks
peter
glloyd
Rising Star

Thanks Peter for the speedy fix.
glloyd
Rising Star

Well that didn't last long, back to extension not available again. Bit of hit and miss, sometimes it work and sometimes it does not.
petergradwell
Grafter

Quote from: glloyd
Well that didn't last long, back to extension not available again. Bit of hit and miss, sometimes it work and sometimes it does not.

Yes, the problem was, we think, that with 2 front end servers and one clustered database, some times half of your registration would go into one server, and half the other, and they wouldn't be in sync because server A hadn't refreshed the database fast enough for B to know there was a registration going on.
Hence, occasionally, the phone would get "logged off" - and as the phones all vary on how often they retry registering, people would be offline for different periods of time.
The extensions I have been monitoring have all now been online and the number of users has been reasonably consistent since the change we made @ 5pm today.
cheers
peter