cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peering Partner problem

cluny

Peering Partner problem

I have been trying to set up a softphone on my PC at work, that will allow me to call my home Plustalk phone for free.  I have checked out the peering partner list, and so far have set up accounts with Sipgate, VoipTalk and FWD, as they are shown to be peering partners.  So far I havnt had any luck in getting any of them to allow me to call my Plustalk account which is one of the former VOIP Beta (Gradwell) accounts.  I have tried the appropriate prefixes such as 000472, 00472  and **472 but in each case, on each service I am told that I am not allowed to make the call.  In the case of the Sipgate account I emailed their technical support, and was told that Plustalk was not a peering partner!.  Can anyone help me with this.  My main requirement is that the partner allows you to register for free, and doesnt require you to make paid-for calls on their network.
Thanks in advance for any help given.
3 REPLIES
RichSmol
Grafter

Re: Peering Partner problem

This page may help clear things up....
http://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/view/category_id/9/article_id/194
Please note the sipgate variant where you need to dial the short code then the international format of the number your trying to reach.
cluny

Thanks for the help.  I now call call via Sipgate to Plustalk using the 000472XXXXXYYYYYY where the XXXXXYYYYYY is the full uk phone number attached to my account, eg 01234111111.
puddy
Grafter

You can call home to work or work to home by inputing your own f9 sip voip account number if you make the call on Force9 network i.e work has to use F9 as well as Home. if somebody calls your choosen 01/020 number both phones will ring at the same time
Currently all my 4 phones ring and I can make another call on another phone at the same time
puddy