cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSTN Break in caller ID

prichardson
Grafter

PSTN Break in caller ID

I have a small bug bear which is not a major issues.
I have finally got my Nokia E65 working with its native SIP client. My god, the quality is far superior to Fring, but I love Fring for a whole host of reasons, so wont be deleted.
PSTN break in is however presented on my phone in SIP notation.
IE, sip:CLI@host
In the case of mine and to present an example, sip:01142965198@213.166.5.133
Now this isn't a Gradwell IP and the rDNS does give a minor hint it may be SIP related, so I have no immediate reason to suspect it aint the real IP presented to my phone.
Why does it does this though?
Reason I ask is that my phone is expecting a specific SIP format, so it can do the Phonebook lookup.
I havn't tried to return the phone call from the last callers, but I wonder if this may create problems there too?
Would have thought this would look a little more smart?
4 REPLIES
prichardson
Grafter

Re: PSTN Break in caller ID

Dust. Anybody? Dust. Nobody? Dust.
Never mind.
RichSmol
Grafter

I can pass the info over to the Fring technical team and see if they know? Surely this will be an area they know a lot about!
walford58
Dabbler

I get the CLI in the same format on my N95-2.
However when the CLI is withheld by the calling party, the phone does not ring. I do know that the calling address is presented through the router as "anonymous@<IP address or name>"
Do you have a similar experience of this?
prichardson
Grafter

This is not a Fring issue Rich, it's something that occurs on my E65s native SIP client (I managed to find the offending settings).
The CLI comes through OK, but the host ID in the SIP address can change and thus never goes on to match a phone book entry.
For example, I would expect sip:01142965198@sip2.plus.net to come through as the CLID, but I get sip:01142965198@213.166.5.133
This is Gradwell handing this off to my phone.
I have not tried an anonymous call, and I am unsure if I can try this (don't have a phone at phone to force a call through).