cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAP2 no dial tone HELP

zaheeriqbal

PAP2 no dial tone HELP

I have entered the settings into my PAP2 and although it registers (blue light on line 2 is on), I get no dial tone and it does not seem to dial a number.
I have entered all the infomation into the pap2 except the sip proxy info nat.plus.net:5082 which I do not know where to enter it and I'm not sure if it is needed:
Anyone with similar issues or know how to fix.

4 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: PAP2 no dial tone HELP

It's needed. You have to select Advance options (switch to Advance view) go to the line you are using for the PN and you will see Proxy and this will be sip2.plus.net. Below this is the Outbound Proxy which is nat.plus.net:5082. Make sure Use Outbound proxy is set to yes.
zaheeriqbal

Thanks, got it working without the above setting, but every few hours, it would unregister. I've entered the outgoing proxy as you have written above so lets see what happens.
Thanks
Community Veteran

Hello not sure if you have this sorted already but I got mine to run using the plusnet settings from here http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/linksys_ATA.pdf
Make sure you also forward the stun and sip ports on your router.
If you haven't already I can also advise cancelling the dhcp server and assigning the pap a static i.p
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: AverageWhiteBloke
Hello not sure if you have this sorted already but I got mine to run using the plusnet settings from here http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/linksys_ATA.pdf
Make sure you also forward the stun and sip ports on your router.

The page you refer to are for the old plusnet voip setting and not the voip beta (gradwell) settings
dont confuse the two
puddy