cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outstanding issues

RichSmol
Grafter

Outstanding issues

We've got a couple of outstanding issues which are currently being worked on but the fixes for these problems require development resource from our Broadband Phone suppliers and as such are taking slightly longer than anticipated to enforce a full fix. I've provided some details of the problems im referring to below, please let me know via PM if you are affected by any of these problems. The more examples we have of the problem the better as each instance usually provides a slightly different angle on the problem given the amount of different setups/equipment we're all using:
1. Nokia Mobile Phones unable to register despite using the settings applied in Bob's thread at this link:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,57674.64.html
2. Problems using sip.plus.net as the realm but does work with sip2.plus.net (or vice versa)
3. Monthly minutes allowance has not reset - a fix has been applied for this problem but there may be a couple of you who have been accidently missed during the mop-up process.
4. Grandstream GXP2000 & 2020 models do not ring on incoming calls
5. Audio delay at the start of a call making the service unusable and the **610 / **620 prefix is not fixing the problem
Problems 2 and 5 are being worked on as we speak. The problems are actually linked as it seems the database amendments are currently not having any impact on the performance of the extensions other than to cause speradic issues with the registration event. Customers who are experiencing issues, have raised a ticket to have their account premenantly prefixed with the **610 or **620 prefix and have advised us that the database update has not worked are advised to use continue to use the prefix manually until the problem is fixed.
Problem 1 is an issue which requires some considerable testing and evidently is not easy to resolve if the problem cannot be replicated on any other device. If you are experiencing this issue please let us know whether the same problem can be replicated on SJPhones.
Problem 3 - all minutes allowance resets should've been fixed now. If your minutes have not been reset please PM your details and i'll ensure that our suppliers reset the minutes immediately.
Problem4 - this is an ongoing issue only visible on the newsip platform which Gradwell are investigating - they are aware of the problem and they have test kit available which can replicate the problems. Bare with us on this one as it requires a fair bit of investigation and tinkering.
So, as I mentioned above if you are affected by one of these issues and you have not yet been given a resolution to your problem please let me know and i'll endevour to get your problem progressed.
cheers
Rich
39 REPLIES
puddy
Grafter

Re: Outstanding issues

Quote from: RichSmol
:
1. Nokia Mobile Phones unable to register despite using the settings applied in Bob's thread at this link:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,57674.64.html

it will show registered but will not ring on an incoming call this is also a problem on my E65 N82 N95 & N95 8gb and with the siemens 450 460 475ip dect phones and other siemens ip dect models
:

works with sip 2 I fixed mine and got paxy's grandstream 2020 working to
:
5. Audio delay at the start of a call making the service unusable and the **610 / **620 prefix is not fixing the problem

I found using the **610 prefix worked on my phone Siemens 460ip dect phone
puddy
ps looks like item 1,2 and 4 have the same problems
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Quote from: puddy
it will show registered but will not ring on an incoming call this is also a problem on my E65 N82 N95 & N95 8gb and with the siemens 450 460 475ip dect phones and other siemens ip dect models.

What router are you using? As per my report in another thread, incoming calls are fine for me using sip.plus.net Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
What router are you using? As per my report in another thread, incoming calls are fine for me using sip.plus.net Huh

SpeedTouch 716wl v5  Have Gradwell replyed yet?
Quote from: Source
I am currently on SIP2.plus.net at the moment and have been out since 5pm and connected back up ok.  See how lon this lasts.

Sip2 worked here so its not just my account.
Quote from: itsme
You probably will find that the mobile will work for a few minutes then revert back to no incoming calls and no sound. Changing from sip to sip2 force another registration which opens the ports in the NAT, but these ports will be closed down after a few minutes. You probably will find that if you keep the mobile to sip and switch the phone off then back on it will have the same affect.

did your phone still ring on an incoming call a few hours later?
Puddy
paxy
Grafter

Hi Rich
This was only a problem for me once when I was trying difference settings to stop my phone disconnecting.  Since the revised settings that I have posted (and puddy has confirmed) I have not seen this problem on my 2020.
Two other problems which may need to go on the list (which I have raised as tickets):
Problem 6 - CallerID not always presented when ringing some exchanges.
Problem 7 - Offline emails generated late / with inaccurate content.
Regards, paxy
RichSmol
Grafter

ok, thanks for the update. Problem 6 is an extremely difficult one to fix if our suppliers are dependent on exchange equipment config changes. We've done a number of traces on the calls where the CLI is not being represented correctly. I'll put in a chase on this problem to ensure that we're doing all we can.
Problem 7 is an ongoing issue that seems to be a reporting issue more than it being an issue which is causing calls to go to voicemail. Is that assumption still correct?
paxy
Grafter

Problem 7 - Offline emails generated late / with inaccurate content.
Hi Rich - correct.  This does not seem to affect functionality of making or receiving voip calls in any way.  It just means that the timing of the emails and the content is not always accurate / timely.  I would therefore class this as a low priority problem.
Regard, paxy
RichSmol
Grafter

I've requested an update on the CLI issue and i'll raise the email notifications in our service review this friday as an ongoing issue which requires some investigation.
honeycottage

Rich see ticket 25366804 my monthly allowance has not been reset.
RichSmol
Grafter

Update on Problem 6: CLI not being managed correctly by selected exchanges.....
This incident is being investigated by one of our suppliers outbound carrier, Verizon, and we are waiting to hear from their technicians. We have confirmed with our supplier switch engineer that the CLI is being handed to the outbound carrier correctly. Awaiting further feedback
RichSmol
Grafter

honeycottage - i've raised a case with our suppliers - the main problem has been fixed but looks like your account was missed in the mop-up. Apologies for that, we usually have a quick turn around for these now so shouldnt take too long to have your minutes reset.
puddy
Grafter

I think that **610 prefix has not been put in place yet even though I have had confirmation that it has been done.
If I add **610 to the number it works
puddy
RichSmol
Grafter

i've updated Gradwell - its clear that they need to fix Problem 5 prior to applying the prefix on your account.
pd
Grafter

What I don't understand is, if calls work using **610, ie routing them to a different provider, why are they not working with gradwell?
RichSmol
Grafter

Seems to be related to the device and how it negotiates through the gradwell platform. Other than that basic diagnosis I havent got any other details. I have an alternate theory that some of the partner carriers have 'more consistent' routes hence why the problem is quite speradic and isolated to the Gradwell network. In practise I think both are probably related but theres quite a lot of work required to investigate this problem hence why the easier prefix fix is taking priority. Gradwell are investigating the core problem as well.