Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbtalk voip to voip Problem

puddy
Grafter

Orbtalk voip to voip Problem

Hi
I have been unable to call my friend who is with orbtalk the problem I am having is that I cannot call him voip to voip I get audio right until the moment he answers the phone and then audio is cut.  This happens with my Grandstream GXV3005 & Yealink 2009.
I have changed my router from a Speedtouch 716wl to a Draytek 2710n still the same issue, but if i call him from my nokia n95 I get audio both ways and when he calls me I get audio both ways
If I make a Plusnet voip call it works fine
My friend has a nokia e65
I have some pcap reports yealink asked me to get does anyone know how they work?
Anyone got an idea why orbtalk voip to voip calls fail I replaced all my equipment yet still have the same problem.
I was wondering if Gradwell block calls to other voip providers?

Kind regard
Puddy
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Orbtalk voip to voip Problem

Sounds like it might be a codec negotiation issue, Puddy.
Check what codec's are selected on the Grandstream and Yealink phones. Maybe try changing the order and/or removing ones like G.726 & 9.
Try with G.711a & u as the preferred ones ( if they aren't already ).
puddy
Grafter

Hi MisterW
Codec's Disabled are G723      Enabled Codecs G729
                              G722                               PCMU
                              AACLC                            PCMA
                              iLBC                               GSM

G726 is not listed
Plusnet voip calls work fine  I have tried deleting Plusnet account so all I have is Orbtalk account on the Yealink but still no audio
I can make a Orbtalk call from the Yealink to my Nokia N95 which was registered under the 3 network instead of my router (still voip) and I get audio both ways!
The only common links between is both the GXV3005 & VP2009 is they are both video phone's and Peters uses Nokia e65 plus the other common factor is Orbtalk, but Orbtalk deny Peters account with them is causing the issue.
When I call Peters orbtalk number I get audio until he answer the phone and all the test numbers i.e. 901 902 etc. give me audio both ways.
Puddy
ps I tried GSM PCMU & PCMA
puddy
Grafter

UPDATE
Orbtalk are blaming it on the way the Nokia handles the call
strange it works on all outbounds  voip calls but not the yealink vp2009
puddy