cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occasional incoming call dropped (diverted from another Gradwell account)

snj
Grafter

Occasional incoming call dropped (diverted from another Gradwell account)

Hello,
I've recently started making more use of my Plusnet broadband account.  When I moved home recently I had my old BT number ported to a separate Gradwell single line account, and I have that account divert calls to the new Plusnet broadband account associated with the new ADSL connection at my new place.  As they are both with Gradwell I divert using the Gradewell extension number rather than using a SIP url.  All calls are to the original ported number rather than the Plusnet assigned geographical number (I haven't bothered giving that one out).
I haven't received that many calls, but one person in particular who calls from his Orange VOIP line so far hasn't been able to get through.  My phone rings but when I answer, the line is dead for both of us.  The annoying this then is that my PAP2 ATA subsequently disconnects and won't reconnect to the VOIP server for a few minutes, leaving my number offline.
I've had calls from BT lines that come through OK, but I suppose I've not had enough calls to suggest that this is only a problem with calls from another VOIP provider.
Any ideas?
Simon
2 REPLIES
puddy
Grafter

Re: Occasional incoming call dropped (diverted from another Gradwell account)

I thought orange banned voip calls its in their t&c same as t-mobile and vodaphone.
You can de-brand the Nokia E65 N82 N95 &N95-8gb by changing the phones product code then pop on to Nokia web site and download the genric firmware and you should find the voip icons are put back in

puddy
snj
Grafter

Re: Occasional incoming call dropped (diverted from another Gradwell account)

Quote from: puddy
I thought orange banned voip calls its in their t&c same as t-mobile and vodaphone.
puddy

I mean the official Orange VOIP product - ie a phone plugged into the POTS port of his Orange Livebox.