cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting to voip

zpeterk
Grafter

Number porting to voip

I have tried asking via ticket system if I can port my phone number to my voip so it rings in and out but I seem to get no response. Does anyone here know if it is possible?
21 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Number porting to voip

Hiya,
I'll try and get someone to pick this up for you.
It looks like there's a problem with the help assistant that's meant your ticket is being sent to the incorrect pool.
If you wouldn't mind raising a new ticket and letting me know the ticket ID, I'll make sure that it gets to the right team - apparently what you're asking for can be done.
paxy
Grafter

I have a second number that is used with BT Call Sign - would it be possible to port this to VOIP?Huh
zpeterk
Grafter

Well after a very long time CS has come back and said it can't be done. (many days)
So I had a quick look and Gradwell want £4.00 a month and will port for £20
Sipgate foc and porting foc & 1000mins for 5.95
Intrestingly when asking Sipgate questions their cs reply almost straight away ie within 5 mins
ramidoodle
Grafter

I'm sorry that this has not been done, we rarely deal with number porting to VOIP and to be honest not everyone is familiar with this. I haven't done it myself but I can't see a reason for not being able to do it as our VOIP supplier (Gradwell) can do it.
zpeterk
Grafter

Can you point me in the right direction please?
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi there, I've contacted Gradwell about number porting and expect them to reply by email or a phone call shortly as number porting is not very well documented internally for us. will keep you updated
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hi,
we will need to get a copy of the front page, for the bill of the phone number you want to port, can you get this scanned and attached to a ticket please? this should include your name, the address and the account number.
We will also need this form to be filled, this requires a signature so it needs scanning after it's been signed.
this will cost £10. BTW, there is also a help section at gradwell website about how to fill the form
let us know please once you've done this so that I can pass it to gradwell to get the ball rolling
zpeterk
Grafter

Thanks for your help I will deal with on Saturday.
pcoventry
Grafter

Nice one Rami. I was about to come in and say yes it can be done but then noticed you have beaten me to it.
Wink
zpeterk
Grafter

Please see ticket no. 30293498
zpeterk
Grafter

At last I have ported the number to BB phone
Thanks to Ramidoodle for all your help
zpeterk
Grafter

It would now appear that my voip account is now direct with Gradwell according to the latest reply I have had from a cs agent and I have to pay them, I am just wondering whether this is correct?
Simon_M
Grafter

This is guesswork, but I suspect that Plusnet hardly ever do number porting, so it will all have been handled by Gradwell. I wouldn't be surprised if the payment for the number porting has to be paid direct to them.
I would be surprised if any ongoing account payments need to be paid to Gradwell, but there are some differences between ported PSTN numbers & those issued directly onto new accounts. It's just possible that Plusnet can't handle these accounts with their system & that your whole account has been transferred.
That might be a bit of an administrative nuisance, but I wouldn't look upon it as an altogether bad thing.
zpeterk
Grafter

I have just checked and PN are still charging me for calls - I haven't got a clue whats going on!!