cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of simultaneous outbound calls

jamieSW
Dabbler

Number of simultaneous outbound calls

I have just setup elastix voip pbx to work with plusnet, and it works inbound and outbound.
My question is how my simultaneous outbound calls can be made?
I was thinking of giving each family member an ip phone, be it a softphone or a proper phone and allow them to make outbound calls through it, I have also setup sipgate as another sip provider which gives me a free second incoming number, which i can then assign to a different extension.
11 REPLIES
itsme
Grafter

Re: Number of simultaneous outbound calls

I believe it's 2. Have you seen this So you can have 2 extensions/pstn numbers which then give you 4 simultaneous calls.
RichSmol
Grafter

yeh - stability is a little flakey when you've got 3 calls on a single account but beware that the maximum your upstream bandwidth will probably support will only be 4 simultaneous calls.
jamieSW
Dabbler

I have just moved over to the Business Premier account, so up upload sync hopefully will be around 832k. will this 4 calls still apply? or would moving over to iax be better, from what I have read iax only uses a fraction of the bandwidth sip uses.
adie:quote
RichSmol
Grafter

I think it depends on whether the equipment you are using can speak to the gradwell platform in the IAX/IAX2 language. I'd say that a consistent upstream speed of 832k would be enough for 4 simultaneous calls. Are you on Max premium?
Community Veteran

Rich - the Business Premier package comes with Max Premium included in the price afaik.
B.
James
Grafter

I pointed that out to Rich a little earlier Smiley
RichSmol
Grafter

Nice to know the Product Manager learns product knowledge about his own products from customers!...must try harder...
andywright
Dabbler

Are you saying Gradwell supports IAX2 as well as SIP? If so, I want to use it !
Is there any documentation anywhere about this ? I am on Business Premier and currently use SIP.
Quote:
I think it depends on whether the equipment you are using can speak to the gradwell platform in the IAX/IAX2 language
Community Veteran

I think you have to be provisioned on the lon-pbx-12 platform, which Rich should be able to sort out before he goes.
Perhaps worthwhile dropping him a PM?
B.
RichSmol
Grafter

Gradwell need to make some changes to the account to enable it but i dont think its a massive task. I've asked the question for you anyway so hopefully we'll find out whats required and where the support documentation sits...
I take it you would IAX on all your active accounts? If so, please drop me a PM with the usernames of all those accounts.
cheers
Rich
RichSmol
Grafter

You can find all the support documentation and setup guides for IAX trunks at these links -
http://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/browse/category_id/44
http://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/browse/category_id/87
http://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/browse/category_id/26
http://portal.gradwell.net/support.php/knowledgebase/browse/category_id/60
We only need to make a simple account config change to make this happen so please drop me a PM with details of the accounts you want modifying and we'll make the changes....
cheers
Rich