cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I have 2 softphones and neither one works. Please please help

equiroma

Now I have 2 softphones and neither one works. Please please help

first I downloaded the SJ phone, then the X-lite 4, both I followed to the letter to set up from the setup guides, neither will connect. I am so frustrated with this now, can anyone help me please. Cry
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Now I have 2 softphones and neither one works. Please please help

If you've tried 2 softphones and neither work then a couple of things to check:-
double check that you've got your sip password correct, its can be different from that you use to login to the voip portal ( voip.plus.net )
Is it a new voip account , maybe its not been setup completely yet ?
other than that , if you'd like to post the settings you are using ( blank out your sip id & password ) and we'll check them.
equiroma

Good point, I don't know if it is completely set up yet as it is a new voip account, what should I do? contact plusnet I'm guessing to see whats what. What exactly should I be asking them? completely new to all this. Thank you so much for your response, any pointers are most welcome  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Sorry for not replying , I've been on holiday and internet access was a bit hit & miss. I'd raise a ticket ( or call support ) and ask them to check that your voip account has been set up correctly.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: equiroma
Good point, I don't know if it is completely set up yet as it is a new voip account, what should I do? contact plusnet I'm guessing to see whats what. What exactly should I be asking them? completely new to all this. Thank you so much for your response, any pointers are most welcome  Undecided

To be honest I wouldn’t use the softphone buy yourself a cheap desktop voip phone look at the Grandstream models from £35 if it’s a cordless voip phone look at that Siemens Gigaset ip phones (C475ip) or some Nokia mobile phones offer voip phones e.g. Nokia e65 N82 N95 N95-8gb n97 mini &n900.
With all the above phone's you can switch off the computer and still make and receive calls.  I use my Nokia N95 the most you can take it on holiday with you and if your somewhere that offers internet access you can make free calls home (to other Plusnet users) or at a reduced rate from 1p per min anywhere in the world, the phone it still thinks it’s in the UK
Cost of a Nokia N95 is about £60 to £70 on eBay
Kind regards

Puddy