Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered

Arcanum
Grafter

Not Registered

Hi
I'm having trouble getting connected - I get Authentication Failures with SJ phone.
Can someone check their status on  voip.plus.net on the account overview.  Mine says 'not registered' - is that my problem?
Thanks
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Re: Not Registered

Can someone check their status on  voip.plus.net on the account overview.  Mine says 'not registered' - is that my problem?

No , the 'Not registered' is the consequence of your Authentication failure. A voip phone ( software or hardware ) needs to register with the serever in order to operate. You configure SjPhone to register with the PlusNet voip server as described here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/sjphonepc.shtml. In order to register with the server it needs to provide correct account information. If it is indicating an Authentication failure it sounds like you may not have the account information quite correct. Section 6 of the guide details the enetering of the account and password information. The Account is your 7 digit Sip ID and the password is your SIP password as sent in the welcome email ( not neccessarily the same as your voip control panel password). You can find your Sip id by logging into the voip control panel and going to 'Account overview' its the number shown as Extension. If you cant remember your SIP password then you can change it by clicking on the extension number and going to the details screen which will allow you to change details for that extension , including the SIP password.
So to sum up, double check that you have got all the confiuration details correct according to the setup guide , particulary the sip id and password and then post back and we'll try and help some more if that didnt sort it.
Arcanum
Grafter

Thanks for the reply.
Ok I understand about the 'not registered' now.
I've followed the guide - and had someone else check the settings with me, and still no authentication.  I've even changed the password. 
It's been a bit of a problem since I requested it through the control panel last Thursday - I never received the welcome email and it had to be resent.  I suspect that something never got setup correctly in the first place (unless I'm a complete idiot!)
Anyway, I have a support ticket raised.  They're referring it to their supplier (Gradwell?), but it'll be Monday before I get a response Sad
Community Veteran

Does your sip id start with a '4' ?. If so then just try it without the leading 4 i.e just use the last six digits!!
Community Veteran

Failing that , if you are lucky and Rich from PlusNet is around, he might pickup on this thread and check out your account.
Arcanum
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
Does your sip id start with a '4' ?. If so then just try it without the leading 4 i.e just use the last six digits!!

Nope it starts with a '7'.  I found something about that on an earlier post, but it looked like referred to early users
Quote from: MisterW
Failing that , if you are lucky and Rich from PlusNet is around, he might pickup on this thread and check out your account.

Well I can live in hope - If Rich is around, then the ticket is 27150824.  I'd be very grateful if he could look
Community Veteran

Nope it starts with a '7'.  I found something about that on an earlier post, but it looked like referred to early users

Oh well, it was worth a try. I think that if you've checked and doubled checked your SJPhone configuration ( and it sounds like you have ) it needs someone from PlusNet to check that your account is working ok.
Just a thought though, have you checked that your firewall is not blocking SjPhone ?
Another possible problem area , are you running Vista and trying to use SjPhone 1.65 ? I recall there were some problems with 1.65 and Vista but I thought they were mainly audio related or crashes rather than registration failures
If thats the case then you could try downloading version 1.60 and follow the Mac guide here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband_phone/setup/sjphonemac.shtml since the MAc version is very similar to 1.60.
If you want to post your SjPhone configuration ( blank out your sip id and password though ) I'll happily take a look at it and triple check that its ok...

Community Veteran

Ah , just seen the other thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,71482.0.html
Looks like Rich IS around, its an account problem and he's got it in hand.
Arcanum
Grafter

Yes just seen that too.
Thanks for your suggestions though.  Much Appreciated.  Hopefully, they'll get it sorted soon.  Smiley