Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia N900 Voip Settings

puddy
Grafter

Nokia N900 Voip Settings

VOIP settings for a Nokia N900

Desktop>settings > Connectivity > VoIP & IM accounts >new> Account setup:Select service
For Plusnet VoIP service tap the SIP Button
User Name = account number(your Account number i.e)= 6936065@sip.plus.net
Password= VoIP password
Advance settings
Tap use for telephone numbers and it puts a tick in the box
user name= your ext number only
Transport change to auto
Outbound Proxy=sip:natproxy.plus.net
Port= 5082
Advance Sip setting
tap Discover public address to put a ticket in box
loose routing leave blank
Keep alive mechanism = auto
Keep alive period=auto
tap auto-dect STUN to take tick out of box
Tap done box
To make a call go call type box e.g. sip call enter (in this format) sip:6936065@sip.plus.net

Puddy
all I need to do is get my 3 sim card changed or switch to 02 or vodafone.
Nokia have not made customers aware that 3 sim cards will not work in this phone.  I have been using mobile phones 15 years and have never found a sim card that wont work in new mobile phones Nokia do say it will work on the next firmware update  Undecided
18 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Nokia N900 Voip Settings

Quote from: puddy

Nokia have not made customers aware that 3 sim cards will not work in this phone.  I have been using mobile phones 15 years and have never found a sim card that wont work in new mobile phones Nokia do say it will work on the next firmware update  Undecided

Its not that unusual, I have heard of it a few times and a few years back I remember when upgrading I was told I would need a different SIM card to work with the new phone was getting.
puddy
Grafter

3HG sent me a newer UTSM-ic sim and they said it should work but it not solved the problem
The new n900 is supposed to be a flagship device for nokia  it even connects to the internet at 3g-3.5g great phone most up to date model but they forgot to tell us it’s so up to date it won’t work on 3 the most up to date 3G service available in the UK.  The strange thing is that it can access the web at 3.0 and 3.5g but won’t allow voice at 3.0
I have read the whole manual 3 times and it does not say it won’t work on a 3G service it doesn’t even say on the nokia web site.
I have got a new sim card from 02 until nokia fix the problem so i just signed up for a rolling 30 day contract it offers unlimited web access bolt on free
Nokia finally listened to their customers and put sip VoIP in at launch time unlike the nokia n97
you live and learn!!!
Puddy
ScoUK
Grafter

Hi puddy,
thanks for posting configuration info for N900.  Sadly I'm not gettign very fat with mine.. Sad
Information typed in ok but when selecting "sign in" it quickly pops up "sign-ign into <username>" then back tot he VOIP and IM accounts screen stating the plusnet sip account is "not signed in" No errors, it just doesn't seem to want to sign in..
Any thoughts?
O2 sim but connected via WiFi to Plusnet Broadband account..

Thanks,
Alan
puddy
Grafter

Hi Allan
I made a typing error
its should be Outbound Proxy=sip:natproxy.plus.net
Instead Outbound Proxy=sip.natproxy.plus.net
Let me know how you get on?
Kind regards
Puddy
Ps Does your router show up the N900 and does show it has active?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Thanks for that info Puddy, I think Bob's getting an N900 soon so he'll probably give it a go at setting up too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Yep, mine is due to arrive on my doorstep today so expect a few Community Library articles off the back of it!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ScoUK
Grafter

Thanks Puddy.!
That seems to have helped a bit... Now I'm getting  "username or password incorrect"
Not sure what's up here... I've also tried usign SJphone on two different PC's here and get similar response.. "Authentication failed"  Now I know is seems obvious that it's probably the wrong password but have tried changing the password on the broadband phone control panel but no luck..
Annoyingly I used to have the VoIP stuff working on my old N95 ages ago but it stopped working for unknown reason..

I'm connecting via a netgear DG834GT router uPNP enabled and have tried disabling firewall..
Any hints/suggestions welcome, either on the N900 or SJphone front..  Woudl be great to get it working again..!

Thanks,
Alan

P.s. Bob, the N900 is a nice bit of kit!! Turns out it sooo much nicer to use than I expected! Very suprised! and very capable!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Now I know is seems obvious that it's probably the wrong password but have tried changing the password on the broadband phone control panel but no luck..

Just checking you are changing the SIP password aren't you ? , The password you use for the voip control panel can be different to the SIP password. You change the sip password from the account details and then click on the extension number to get the extension details page.
If you are changing the right one then it sounds like your account may be faulty , especially since you say your N95 stopped working. My N95 works fine although there was an issue some while ago when Gradwell changed the 'realm' from sip.plus.net to newsip, only seemed to affect the Nokia clients, which needed their raelm setting changed to newsip.
ScoUK
Grafter

Quote from: MisterW
Now I know is seems obvious that it's probably the wrong password but have tried changing the password on the broadband phone control panel but no luck..

Just checking you are changing the SIP password aren't you ? , The password you use for the voip control panel can be different to the SIP password. You change the sip password from the account details and then click on the extension number to get the extension details page.

Yep that would have been the once I tried changing.. Hidden away Smiley  Maybe it's not reset properly.. 
If it worked on the desktop (Wired LAN) I'd have somethgin to work with but not even getting that to work is annoying.. I remember using X-Lite ages ago and worked flawlessly, but I hear there are issues with that program these days...
Possible Router configuration problem? Specific port forwarding required at all?  I had previous rules set-up but not sure if they were truely necessary..

If you are changing the right one then it sounds like your account may be faulty , especially since you say your N95 stopped working. My N95 works fine although there was an issue some while ago when Gradwell changed the 'realm' from sip.plus.net to newsip, only seemed to affect the Nokia clients, which needed their raelm setting changed to newsip.

Might try digging the N95 again and try that..

--
Alan
ScoUK
Grafter

D'oh! Just got both SJphone and N900 connected..
Username/Password problem after all..
Foudn the N95 and checked the settings.. Noticed that the username was 201729 yet on the Plusnet Phone account it's listed as 4201729 with a '4' a the front!  Removed the '4' from teh usernames and viola! logged in!! 
What's up with that?
Crazy

Edited to add: Just after a quick test it appears The N900 isn't receiving Audio.. It's sending ok when testing from landline and Audio OK on landline, just cant hear on N900 Sad

--
Alan
puddy
Grafter

Glad you got it working-sort of do you have the same issue with your n95?
Bob did you get yours working with my info?
One thing I forgot to add since nokia last firmware update you can now use 3 (three.co.uk) sim cards
Kind regards
Puddy
puddy
Grafter

Bob  
Have you received your nokia n900 yet and have you managed to set it up with voip yet?
I got a sim free one direct from Nokia who did you get yours from?
puddy
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yep got it and had no probs setting VoIP up. In fact I'm making this post from the device as we speak! Got mine through Voda, they matched a deal for me that was available from Nokia's retail site.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Bob
Yep, mine is due to arrive on my doorstep today so expect a few Community Library articles off the back of it!

Linky!
Shout up if I've made any mistakes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team